• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Clear payload tube for Estes Green Eggs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawn_rocket, those are not the correct diameter for the Green Eggs rocket.
Looks to be a non standard size, around 47 or 48 mm ( bigger than BT-60 but smaller than BT-70).

Correct, the largest tube in the payload assortment is BT-60. The Green Eggs rocket is BT-65.

Per K'Tesh's suggestion, I should receive an Estes Olympus on Monday. I'll report back on the fit between the two kits.

Estes has a BT-65 "egg capsule" nosecone/adapter in their TARC parts lineup. But just opaque paper tubes to go with it.

The Semroc part labeled PST-65R is just the tiniest bit too small. So they're all "BT-65" kinda. I don't think I can sand the Green Eggs plastic nosecon/adapter enough to make it fit. So I'm hoping that Estes sourced "BT-65" parts will match more closely than Semroc sourced "BT-65" parts.

Having built both Green Eggs and Olympus (and having done some parts swap tests) I can report that the plastics in the two kits are the same sizes, just different colors. So the adapter, payload tube and nose cone from one will fit the other and the parts will interchange. That’s a long way of saying, Jim (K’Tesh) is correct.

Correct, the largest tube in the payload assortment is BT-60. The Green Eggs rocket is BT-65.

Per K'Tesh's suggestion, I should receive an Estes Olympus on Monday. I'll report back on the fit between the two kits.

Estes has a BT-65 "egg capsule" nosecone/adapter in their TARC parts lineup. But just opaque paper tubes to go with it.
Anybody have any insight on the #2281 TARC parts kit BT-68 nose cone, body tube and BT-68 to BT-56 transition? I’ve not seen that size tubing before or that Bertha-ish and looong plastic transition before - are they from a past egg lofter?

Anybody have any insight on the #2281 TARC parts kit BT-68 nose cone, body tube and BT-68 to BT-56 transition? I’ve not seen that size tubing before or that Bertha-ish and looong plastic transition before - are they from a past egg lofter?
It's the nosecone and transition from the Enerjet Egg Crate, Estes Eggspress. I think the BT-68 was the Centuri ST-20 tube.

I was able to compare parts and instructions for the Green Eggs and Olympus kits.

In spite of the color differences the instructions show the same part numbers for the payload bays and the fit seems identical. Same for the nosecones: same part number, different color, and seemingly identical fit.

The TARC nosecone https://estesrockets.com/product/030110-egg-capsule-nose-cone/ has the same part number as the cone in those two kits. I haven't ordered one, but it seems likely to be identical in form to the one in the Green Eggs and Olympus.

When you do a search for BT-65 on the Estes site one of the things that comes up is the TARC nosecone. So I think we can safely say that the Green Eggs and Olympus kits are BT-65 based.

Back