Cats or Dogs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
Ahhh all you dog owners start posting
If I start posting pics of the dog it would be doing disgusting things like eating the cat scats out of the litter, similar to as posted three posts up. For people who don't realise, cats are compulsory carnivores but only partly process the proetin. The dog thinks "That's too good to waste" and goes for it :oops:.

To be fair team cat is tactically manufaturing a bad image against dogs when cats are just as disgusting if you dig and find the few percent of cats who are nasty like the few percentof dogs, so game on! Find all disgusting cat stuff now!!!

To be fair team cat is tactically manufaturing a bad image against dogs when cats are just as disgusting if you dig and find the few percent of cats who are nasty like the few percentof dogs, so game on! Find all disgusting cat stuff now!!!
89941639_2455644381202766_740334426323419136_o.jpg
I don't see cat's photos associated with butt wiping.

I've always wondered why some people who say they love dogs seem to vehemently hate cats. There are so many misconceptions about cats perpetrated by people who know nothing about cats but yet have no trouble trying to profess their knowledge. I've had cats the majority of my life. They will use the litter box or go outside religiously. If they are not doing that, something is wrong, either health wise or the litter box is full of excrement. Cats don't like using a litter box that is full. About the same as humans not liking using a full porta potty. Cats are CLEAN. Their saliva also makes them smell better or no scent at all. Remember they are predators. If you encounter a bad smelling cat it has health problems or something else is wrong. Contrary to dog lover statements cats can and will retrieve if taught. Cats won't do it incessantly until you are sick of seeing them. I've had cats that loved to travel with me, cats that are affectionate and cats that aren't. I've always trained my cats. Most of the time I find that dog "lovers" who hate cats grew up on a farm where they never interacted with the cats, just hunted them. Or they are hunters who think that only wild cats eat nesting bird eggs, wild dogs "never" do that. Yeah right. Me I love both dogs and cats, but I dislike people who haven't trained their pets to behave. BTW, dogs are way worse than cats for misbehavior.

Awww, love Bob!
You might have noticed he guarded the '909' B-17. This aircraft met it's final demise landing and running into de-icing equipment. My SO and I had flown on this 6 six times over the years. This stray had also met his fair share of accidents and incidents including a cut off tail, diabetes and suffering from possible PTSD from the hangar noises. He lived to the ripe old age of 21 before passing on. Another cat and another warbird have been laid to rest.

I've always wondered why some people who say they love dogs seem to vehemently hate cats. There are so many misconceptions about cats perpetrated by people who know nothing about cats but yet have no trouble trying to profess their knowledge. I've had cats the majority of my life. They will use the litter box or go outside religiously. If they are not doing that, something is wrong, either health wise or the litter box is full of excrement. Cats don't like using a litter box that is full. About the same as humans not liking using a full porta potty. Cats are CLEAN. Their saliva also makes them smell better or no scent at all. Remember they are predators. If you encounter a bad smelling cat it has health problems or something else is wrong. Contrary to dog lover statements cats can and will retrieve if taught. Cats won't do it incessantly until you are sick of seeing them. I've had cats that loved to travel with me, cats that are affectionate and cats that aren't. I've always trained my cats. Most of the time I find that dog "lovers" who hate cats grew up on a farm where they never interacted with the cats, just hunted them. Or they are hunters who think that only wild cats eat nesting bird eggs, wild dogs "never" do that. Yeah right. Me I love both dogs and cats, but I dislike people who haven't trained their pets to behave. BTW, dogs are way worse than cats for misbehavior.

I am a cat hater for a number of reasons. The primary one being that every! single! cat I've ever had in my home has either p**ped or barfed under my bed. ALL OF THEM! NO exceptions! ( You can whine all you want about cats being trained to use the litter box or go outside, this has cat-fail been my experience)

The secondary of many reasons, I tend to wear dark clothing. And for some reason, I am a cat hair magnet. Indoor cats don't shed? B***S***! My mom had an indoor cat, she religiously vacuumed and cleaned before I came to visit. I walked in her front door and by the time I made my way to her kitchen, my lower pant legs had cat hair all over them.

Of course dogs shed also, but dog hair does not attract itself to my clothing nearly as bad for some reason.

Indoor cats don't shed? B***S***!
Get a Sphynx. No fur to shed! Alternativley there are cats like Deven Rex and Cornish Rex that don't have the guard hairs in their coat like normal cats. Those are the large hairs that really stand out on clothing. The rex cats (I have a Devon) do still shed, but the fur is almost invisible and short.

As for your cats dropping stuff under your bed, I have never had it happen in my life. We have had cats since I was little and all six of them have never exhibited that behaviour over the years. I can see how it would sour your appreciation of felines.

or a Bobcat Hybrid, they are really loving. :) He's actually "hugging" me here.

Attachments

• 20190127_214738.jpg
    20190127_214738.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 14
Get a Sphynx. No fur to shed! Alternativley there are cats like Deven Rex and Cornish Rex that don't have the guard hairs in their coat like normal cats. Those are the large hairs that really stand out on clothing. The rex cats (I have a Devon) do still shed, but the fur is almost invisible and short.

As for your cats dropping stuff under your bed, I have never had it happen in my life. We have had cats since I was little and all six of them have never exhibited that behaviour over the years. I can see how it would sour your appreciation of felines.

Why would I get a phreaky looking cat like that sphynx thing that might give me nightmares? Why would I get any cat when I hate cats?

I guess your experience with cats does not change mine, or my opinion of cats. Cat hater for life, me.

Sphynx kittens are cute...
View attachment 419514

As a person who's been around cats all my life, I still can't get used to a nekkid cat. I like the idea of less hair flying around the house tho...
And I would assume that there's no hairballs coughed up with these cats? They look like you crossed a Shar Pei with Yoda :oops:

Sphynx are amazing cats. Personality plus, and very smoochy. More like a dog personality in some ways.

They area really different to normal cats. We have found a few people can't even bear to pat her. Interestingly, it took me two years to figure out I didn't have to pat her from head to toe. I can pat her upways, downways, sideways, and it doesn't matter :D.

Back