Carbon Fiber Centering Rings?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

I've been doing some digging and can't find what I'm looking for.

I'd like to find some 4" x 3" carbon centering rings. I know 'glass is available, but I'd prefer carbon for this pet project I'm working on.

Anyone have a recommended source?

Maybe these people have some but I doubt they would do just a couple of CR's. Otherwise, Wildman has those Mongoose kits which have CF bulkplates so maybe he might have a source for CF CR's.

You definitely got my interest with that question...Why in the world do you need CF CR's anyways? Got some weight concerns or something? Usually, when people want CF they are going minimum diameter.

-Dave

Truth be told, it's not even for a rocket. But they'd be perfect for what I want to use them for. :eek:

I believe you can get CF sheets and with a drill press and right sized circle bit/chuck can cut them..:confused2:

I am getting ready to make up some carbon fiber plates for centering rings and parts. What are your specs? I will see if I can fit it in and give you a price.

Mike

4" OD, 3" ID

I'll give those an "ish" because they are not for a tube tolerance fit like you'd typically use a centering ring for. But I would like them uniform and close to that, because it will be an exposed part. I'd like that 1" difference between ID and OD (or pretty darn close, anyway. I say those caveats because standard body/motor tubes are close to 3" and 4", but not exactly, which is fine for what I'm doing.)

I'd *prefer* a "glossy" smooth finish because - again - it will be exposed.

Thanks for the help!

Back