CARBER Energetics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you kindly!! I go back a ways huh? That’s what happens when you’re an old geezer like me!! Lol! I see my friend Mark is #2. Who’s #1? Just curious
I believe it’s one of our elder members and co-founder Mr. Francis Graham

I believe it’s one of our elder members and co-founder Mr. Francis Graham
You need to come out and hang with us at Tripoli Pittsburgh prefecture #1 Don, we got a bunch of old geezers in our club, I love hearing all the stories from back in the day and the beginnings of high power and Tripoli

You need to come out and hang with us at Tripoli Pittsburgh prefecture #1 Don, we got a bunch of old geezers in our club, I love hearing all the stories from back in the day and the beginnings of high power and Tripoli
Greetings! I certainly do have lots of old stories. Besides that, I’m full of crap!! Lol! I’d love to hang out with you fellers. Nothing I enjoy more than talking propellant, solid motors, and rockets.

Greetings! I certainly do have lots of old stories. Besides that, I’m full of crap!! Lol! I’d love to hang out with you fellers. Nothing I enjoy more than talking propellant, solid motors, and rockets.
Our group has a large base of EX motor makers, I will send you our schedule once we finalize it. You’ll have to promise to drag Mark out with you too and bring some motors if you got any ready, we can shoot the s&it and fly some rockets too.

Our group has a large base of EX motor makers, I will send you our schedule once we finalize it. You’ll have to promise to drag Mark out with you too and bring some motors if you got any ready, we can shoot the s&it and fly some rockets too.
Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.

Thank you kindly!! I go back a ways huh? That’s what happens when you’re an old geezer like me!! Lol! I see my friend Mark is #2. Who’s #1? Just curious

Pretty Sure TRA #1 was JP O'conner.

As for older Reaction Labs / Solid Motor Company motors...... here''s photo of my LOC Custom K-Load, at the very last RATS launch. L911 came apart aprox 1800 feet at Mach 1.3....... heavy duty motors.
( side note: if I remember correctly, the Tripoli certified ' Solid Motor Company' motors Don made were, at the time, the highest certified propellant ISP )

Attachments

• K-Load L911.JPG
    K-Load L911.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
Yessir! Will do! I’ll get my buddy Mark to tag along. He’s the brains of our outfit. Mark designs them. I make ‘em.

Perhaps we’ll have some motors to pass around…

Yessir! Will do! I’ll get my buddy Mark to tag along. He’s the brains of our outfit. Mark designs them. I make ‘em.

Perhaps we’ll have some motors to pass around…
You bring motors and I’ll bring rockets, Would love to let a L-911 rip the sky open.

Pretty Sure TRA #1 was JP O'conner.

As for older Reaction Labs / Solid Motor Company motors...... here''s photo of my LOC Custom K-Load, at the very last RATS launch. L911 came apart aprox 1800 feet at Mach 1.3....... heavy duty motors.
( side note: if I remember correctly, the Tripoli certified ' Solid Motor Company' motors Don made were, at the time, the highest certified propellant ISP )
Bingo Al...

Bingo Al...
I guess it’s how you define Tripoli, Francis basically founded Tripoli in 1964, along with Curt Hughes, Al Bower, and Ken Good. Tripoli National as we know it today was established in 1986 with JP being president, Mark Weber being VP Tom Blazazin being secretary and Francis being treasurer
Hence 1,2,3,4.
Bingo Al...

According to the membership listing, dated 11/00, his number is 4, unless his number was changed or there are 2 Francis Grahams.

I guess it’s how you define Tripoli, Francis basically founded Tripoli in 1964, along with Curt Hughes, Al Bower, and Ken Good. Tripoli National as we know it today was established in 1986 with JP being president, Mark Weber being VP Tom Blazazin being secretary and Francis being treasurer
Hence 1,2,3,4.
Then, perhaps TRA official history/membership numbers should be changed to reflect such. Some years ago, I thought there was a TRA published historical document. However, looking through my files I can't find it.

Francis, Ken Good, and Tom Blazazin were the Pittsburgh kids back in the 60’s that started Tripoli. I think Tom is number 3, not sure what number Ken is.
Darn - just down the street a bit too - would have joined up if there was an internet then and word could get out...

I thought Francis was honored with the TRA #1 later. He may have been initially #4.

Back