Canadian Level 4 Certification Build - Ultimate Wildman

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cosmic Kiss flew again for the 4th time last weekend for a picture perfect repeat of flight #1 on a CTI M1830 C-Star. Liftoff occurred just before 1pm on Saturday May 18th following a lengthy delay to resolve some technical issues with the wireless launch ignition system (and a further delay to partially recharge the battery on the onboard camera which had significantly depleted while the rocket sat on the pad while the ground equipment issue was resolved.)

Max altitude: 7250' (Featherweight GPS)
Max velocity: Mach 0.69

View attachment 647280
View attachment 647276
View attachment 647277
View attachment 647281

Video of this flight starts around the 2:50 mark in the NB Rocketry launch event video I made for YouTube:

Great video. What did you use for the onboard camera? Still Runcam 2 4k?

Great flight, great video - thanks for posting. It's always nice to get updates on subsequent flights following a build thread. We learn more about the characteristics of the rockets we build through successive flights. Just one question re the build itself - are the charge wells self printed from your own design, or commercially available? (Apologies if you explained in the thread - looking back I couldn't see it)

Great flight, great video - thanks for posting. It's always nice to get updates on subsequent flights following a build thread. We learn more about the characteristics of the rockets we build through successive flights. Just one question re the build itself - are the charge wells self printed from your own design, or commercially available? (Apologies if you explained in the thread - looking back I couldn't see it)
Thanks! The charge wells are not my design, but I did print them myself. You can download the files for different sizes here: https://www.printables.com/model/193868-rocket-charge-wells-v2

Cosmic Kiss flew again for the 4th time last weekend for a picture perfect repeat of flight #1 on a CTI M1830 C-Star. Liftoff occurred just before 1pm on Saturday May 18th following a lengthy delay to resolve some technical issues with the wireless launch ignition system (and a further delay to partially recharge the battery on the onboard camera which had significantly depleted while the rocket sat on the pad while the ground equipment issue was resolved.)

Max altitude: 7250' (Featherweight GPS)
Max velocity: Mach 0.69

View attachment 647280
View attachment 647276
View attachment 647277
View attachment 647281

Video of this flight starts around the 2:50 mark in the NB Rocketry launch event video I made for YouTube:

This is an excellent build/launch thread. Thank you so much for taking the time.
Just out of curiosity, did your friend also certify level 4?

This is an excellent build/launch thread. Thank you so much for taking the time.
Just out of curiosity, did your friend also certify level 4?
Thanks! And not yet. Circumstances forced her to postpone her original plan to attempt her L4 in 2022, but as it happens she is now back on track for an attempt later this year.

Back