building 2 stage motors or more.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

north boy

Reaction score
Hi am I right in saying you can use a booster motor or 2 or maybe more in line in a tube with a final stage motor at the final burn to deploy your chute. Just a question that I was wondering ??

JS

:pop:

Oh really?

"krushnic" effect? How ya gonna work around that if all are inline in a single tube?

Only answer I know is rack rocket. No tube.

Rack rocket is the extreme of this scenario... but if you are in a single tube, you need to vent it well, and consider the amount of heat that the airframe will see.

:pop:

Oh really?

"krushnic" effect? How ya gonna work around that if all are inline in a single tube?

Only answer I know is rack rocket. No tube.

I already built 4... I had 3 inline rocket engines stacked with a booster..modified CC Express. You have to build an air duct system.

Cant you just c.h.a.d. stage the rocket ? c.h.a.d. = cheap and dirty . Just use masking tape to hold the booster motor to the sustainer motor . It will kick off at ignition of the sustainer .

Eric

Shotgun Effect, uses ejection gases to blow out the that motor and reload a new. YEEEEha:y:

I already built 4... I had 3 inline rocket engines stacked with a booster..modified CC Express. You have to build an air duct system.

Air dust as in the motor tube is inside the body tube with vents above to cause airflow to carry over the internal chamber to air cool the surrounding area??

JS

Some people are working on motors that have 2 distinct burns separated by a coast period. One chamber, one case, one nozzle. Sugar shot 2 space, for example.

Back