Buggy whips anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I could find buggy whips pretty quickly too thanks to the Amish communities around NE Indiana.
Yes, I was going to mention that after Dave's post. Iowa still has Amish communities and it is not uncommon to still see the horse and buggy, and presumably buggy whip on the road. I bought a lot of baked goods from the Kalona Bakery. They had a fire a few years ago and never properly reopened, but they continued to sell there goods at various venues. I think the Covid situation put them out of business completely.

I still shop at Stringtown Grocery a couple times a year because they sell things that I can't get anywhere else. It is lit with gas lamps hung from the ceiling. The cashiers can correctly tally your bill with paper and pencil.

I doubt we'll see any stores carrying a new Commodore 64 any time soon, but not far from here, in the town I grew up in, they still make, and sell, buggy whips.

https://hillsideharnessltd.com/product-category/whips/

Hmmmmmm, I didn't see any sleigh bells. When my Dad was alive he developed a thing for antique sleigh bells. Anytime we went on vacation, he'd stop at antique shops looking for them.

Some of the strings are really LOUD when shaken. They look good draped over a fireplace mantle piece. Sorry about going OT.
Kurt

I'd explain, but it's a family forum.

Well, yeah, that too.

*sigh* I hate having to explain jokes, especially puns. "Buggy" as in "it has bugs" - defects in programming. "Buggy" whips are whips that have defects in their programming. Like Windows.

OK, I didn't get the "buggy" pun, or what Windows had to do with it. (I might have got "whips with defects in their programming" if whips had programming to them at all. Or is that another double meaning that's gone right over my head?) Anyway, I chose to ignore the Windows part and make my own joke as to why somebody would want a buggy whip. I trust I don't have to explain that one.

"Parents, relax, your children won't understand. Or if they do, it's not my fault."

Back