• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Fix a snap ring groove - So Cal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer714

Reaction score
I have a 54mm skyripper case, 24" long that 'let go' an internal snap ring, belled the end out just past the snap ring on the top end. Be great to have someone shorten the case and re-grove the end. I'm in Orange County CA.

Before you tell me I can do this myself, I do have a lathe and know about the key-slot cutter drill pres method. My lathe (50 year old atlas), has the length but doesn't have steady rest that I trust for this. Plus if i can get someone local to do it that would lower the risk of making the case even shorter.

Plan B is to buy / build a steady rest and do it myself.

Anyone able to do this? Willing to pay.

I have a 54mm skyripper case, 24" long that 'let go' an internal snap ring, belled the end out just past the snap ring on the top end. Be great to have someone shorten the case and re-grove the end. I'm in Orange County CA.

Before you tell me I can do this myself, I do have a lathe and know about the key-slot cutter drill pres method. My lathe (50 year old atlas), has the length but doesn't have steady rest that I trust for this. Plus if i can get someone local to do it that would lower the risk of making the case even shorter.

Plan B is to buy / build a steady rest and do it myself.

Anyone able to do this? Willing to pay.
I can. Bring it to Rocstock.

Back