BobH48 cardstock Voskhod

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saluki

Reaction score
Hi Bob, I don’t know if you have seen this or not, but when I saw this great paper model of the Voskhod launcher your skills came to mind. I think we need a good cardstock model building thread to refresh are building skills. This model has good detail. I believe it would be a harder build than the Soyuz that you did a great job on. Have a look it is here. https://www.cardmodels-r.narod.ru/html/VoskhodLV-e.htm

Yes the model shown was built by on old rocket buddy of mine and once member of this forum. Joe does fly much anymore but definitely builds beautiful paper models.

Here are some good build pictures of the Voskhod. https://picasaweb.google.com/jepolch/Voskhod# I have work today on this model and have only done three or four pieces. I had to build a couple pieces over and over before I got them right. The detail on this paper model is amazing.

Hi Bob, I don’t know if you have seen this or not, but when I saw this great paper model of the Voskhod launcher your skills came to mind. I think we need a good cardstock model building thread to refresh are building skills. This model has good detail. I believe it would be a harder build than the Soyuz that you did a great job on. Have a look it is here. https://www.cardmodels-r.narod.ru/html/VoskhodLV-e.htm
Yes, I did see this. I belong to the Space Paper Model Yahoo group and this came up a few days ago. The detail is very nice and I haven't built a new paper model in quite some time. I have been trying to get a few of my backlog of kits built.

For those who missed it here are a few pictures of the Soyuz.

Soyuz boosters.jpg

Soyuz mmt.JPG

Soyuz Capsule1.JPG

Soyuz Booster Nozzle.jpg

A one more picture:

This way I get to boost my post count.. Watch out JAL3 ;)

Launch pictures by Tony Vincent.

Soyuz full.JPG

Bob_s_Soyuz_lo_1_sm.jpg

Bob_s_Soyuz_lo_2_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Good to here from you Bob. I belong to the Space Paper Model Yahoo Group also. Great information there and lots of models. The Voskhod has a lot more detail than the Soyuz had. I really like the color that's done on the Voskhod, also the line detail. Hope to see a build thread someday from you on this one.

That's a 24MM motor mount, right?

D12 powered or did it take an E9?
The launch picture was on a D12-3 for the first flight. It went maybe 300 ft and was already past apogee when the ejection charge went off but the launch lug was a little tight so that may have helped keep it very low.

The second flight was on an E9-4 and it was better but not the performance I was looking for. It does seem to have a lot of drag.

Third flight was on an E18-4 and was perfect. Nice quick boost to a respectable altitude and ejection was near apogee. So that is my motor of choice for this model.

Good to here from you Bob. I belong to the Space Paper Model Yahoo Group also. Great information there and lots of models. The Voskhod has a lot more detail than the Soyuz had. I really like the color that's done on the Voskhod, also the line detail. Hope to see a build thread someday from you on this one.
Another one to add to the long list of future projects..

The detail looks outstanding from the photos of the completed beta model. This it the same scale as the Soyuz so it will be a big model. Based on the performance of the Soyuz, I think a 24mm mount would be sufficent for this with E reloads.

Back