Black Powder sellers in Colorado

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khabuda

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone in northern Colorado know of anyone selling black powder? All of the online retailers that I've found have fairly high MOQs. Jax is out of stock at the moment, but I'll try them again next week.

Anyplace that sells muzzle loader supplies should have it. Sportsmans Warehouse, Murdoch's, etc. Have you tried them?

You want to use ffffg (also called 4F) black powder. This is the size of the grains in the container. It is the smallest particle size. The smaller the size, the faster it burns, producing a quick and healthy ejection of the parachute.

Anyplace that sells muzzle loader supplies should have it. Sportsmans Warehouse, Murdoch's, etc. Have you tried them?

You want to use ffffg (also called 4F) black powder. This is the size of the grains in the container. It is the smallest particle size. The smaller the size, the faster it burns, producing a quick and healthy ejection of the parachute.
The only stuff that the big stores around here carry is smokeless and BP substitute. Triple 7 and such.

Did you ever find any? I've been calling around but haven't found anybody who carries it. If you're going to order from CSRocketry I'd split the shipping cost with you if your local-ish to Fort Collins and wanted to meet up.

Joe, the guy who runs NCR sells it at his table at the launches. His house is in boulder, and it can be picked up there if you need it before a launch. I just ordered the singles from Aerotech to get me through this next launch, and I'm going to buy some while I'm at the field. http://www.moto-joe.com/ email them there to arrange a pickup. My next NCR launch is likely going to be September. If that timeframe works for you I can pick up another can for you.

Did you ever find any? I've been calling around but haven't found anybody who carries it. If you're going to order from CSRocketry I'd split the shipping cost with you if your local-ish to Fort Collins and wanted to meet up.
Forgot to hit reply. See above post.

Hello,

Does anyone in northern Colorado know of anyone selling black powder? All of the online retailers that I've found have fairly high MOQs. Jax is out of stock at the moment, but I'll try them again next week.
Elk Bomb in Milliken sells black powder as well. You have to sign a simple form but no other questions asked.

Jim

Latest posts

Back