Beware Amazon/off brand JST

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that’s well devised great idea,I’m guessing you would have to have two switches per-battery/device although?
If you decide you want to try this, I'd suggest carefully pulling the mating connector's pin out from the backside and soldering them away from the "easy to melt" connector shell. Took only one try to figure that out. Also, when I'm done, cleaned off the flux and put the pins back in place, I "pot" the backside with 5 minute epoxy, making a "form" with kapton tape.

Ever since having my own experience with spontaneously disintegrating phony "JST" connectors from Hobby King and elsewhere, I've been assembling mine from Digi-Key components, silicone wire, and the Engineer PA series crimpers. In addition to crimping - and it takes a little while to learn how to do it without distorting the pins - I usually also solder the pins. Zero failures since then, and a built connector pair costs (or did) about 34 cents. You can also make them with leads exactly as long as you need.

Latest posts

Back