Best Loc Kit for L1?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A H219 at 89oz and a 7ft rail, that would be 46fps and 8.2 TWR. 700 ft is definitely "low and slow"

I did recheck mine. My Iris-4 with payload bay and Eggfinder Mini TX and RRC2 is 113oz. I would believe the electronics bay and second shock cord/parachute/blanket/quick links being 1.5 LBS.

Good luck this weekend!

A H219 at 89oz and a 7ft rail, that would be 46fps and 8.2 TWR. 700 ft is definitely "low and slow"

I did recheck mine. My Iris-4 with payload bay and Eggfinder Mini TX and RRC2 is 113oz. I would believe the electronics bay and second shock cord/parachute/blanket/quick links being 1.5 LBS.

Good luck this weekend!
Thanks!

I am looking seriously at the 5.5 Loc Goblin because I need something with a 54mm motor mount.
its possible to upgrade to 54mm motor mount with other kits.
the loc mini Maggie comes with 38mm motor mount but can be upgraded to a 54mm motor mount. its a pretty wicked flight on something like a J90.
also, with a 54mm, its possible to adapt down to 38mm. plus, its possible to pick up a chunk of 5.5" BT, coupler, bulkhead, and a few more parts to extend it, add an av bay, and have have a maxi mini magg. :)

its possible to upgrade to 54mm motor mount with other kits.
the loc mini Maggie comes with 38mm motor mount but can be upgraded to a 54mm motor mount. its a pretty wicked flight on something like a J90.
also, with a 54mm, its possible to adapt down to 38mm. plus, its possible to pick up a chunk of 5.5" BT, coupler, bulkhead, and a few more parts to extend it, add an av bay, and have have a maxi mini magg. :)

I have put an extension on my mini-magg along with other changes.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/minnie-magg-drag-mods-for-level-2.181275/I have decided to go with a Doorknob for my next project.

Back