3D Printing Bambulabs X1C and P1P vs MK4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, if you are looking for a larger print volume, the qidi x-max 3 is quite good. Modified klipper based (open source), no cloud, and very fast / clean prints. I don’t like it’s looks (kind of like a plastic borg cube), or the ‘built in’ filament box so far but everything else is good.
Thanks. I might look at one in the future. Right now, I have enought to keep me busy.

They finally fixed this a couple of firmware updates ago. I believe the cloud outage they had last month finally pushed them over the edge. I’ve gone lan only mode and am quite happy.

Video explaining it below. Only thing he gets wrong is uploading models. I keep the sd card in and ftp everything to the printer. Almost prefer this now as it keeps a local copy of the gcode on my computer as well as the printer, like octoprint.

Are you using LAN mode on a X1, P1S or P1P? The video showed an X1. I saw a video on LAN mode right after the cloud failure and I recall there being differences in LAN mode functionality between the three models. I'm wondering if the P1S and P1P function the same as the X1 in LAN mode now.

They finally fixed this a couple of firmware updates ago. I believe the cloud outage they had last month finally pushed them over the edge. I’ve gone lan only mode and am quite happy.

Video explaining it below. Only thing he gets wrong is uploading models. I keep the sd card in and ftp everything to the printer. Almost prefer this now as it keeps a local copy of the gcode on my computer as well as the printer, like octoprint.
Can confirm that this does seem to work on the X1 Carbon.
Its better now, because after switching to LAN Only, Bambu Studio now recognizes the printer automatically and no need to enter a code. [Update] I'll note that it does require a micro sd-card for it to work.

I have no idea about the P1P or P1S.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back