Back Living in FL Again!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugenefl

Reaction score
My life and career have been mostly unsettled drama between lay-offs and other life events in the last 5+ years. I'm finally back home in Tampa, FL and have ambitions to some day get back into the hobby full swing. I'm very much looking forward to the TTRA launches near Plant City if even to spectate and take some photos. As of now I'm in a temporary living situation unable to really make any plans or commitments until I am extended a permanent offer of employment. I am currently in a 6mos contract-to-hire situation so we'll see.

Anyhow, just thought I'd chime in on TRF after a long absence. I just hope this is a sign of positive things to come. I'd like to return to life as a normal hobby enjoying human being again.

Welcome back, Eugene. I hope this is the start of some better years for you.

Welcome back Eugene,
I'm looking forward to seeing
you at TTRA launch...
:)

Welcome home. I was told 40 yrs ago, once you get our sand between your toes, you'll always come back.

Gary( ft walton bch w/ sandy feet)

Alright! Good to hear you made it back OK.

Look forward to catching up at an upcoming TTRA launch.
Come on by April 17 even if you just spectate, it'll be a
great day.

I'll need to set a reminder for the 17th. I would definitely like to attend this month.

Nice to have you back. Sorry about all the drama, but attending a launch will be good for you.

Hey, maybe you can a job with the Bucs again.

Welcome back Eugene,

It is great to hear that you are back in the area. A lot has changed since you left. It would great to have have someone of your photographic talents are our launches.

I've always browsed TRF on occasion and looked forward to becoming a little more active on the board discussions again. It appears the class acts are still here and the community thriving - great job!

As for this weekend, I noticed the Sun 'n Fun fly-in with the AF Thunderbirds air show is in town this weekend. Hmm...rockets on Saturday and air show on Sunday. That just might work!

As for the TTRA crowd, when do things get good at the field? Early/opening? Is there a rail pad available (as most of my stuff as buttons)? Thankfully I have an accessible stash of AP/BP and a few kits on top of the moving pile. :) This is going to take on a life of its own if I'm not careful!

As for this weekend, I noticed the Sun 'n Fun fly-in with the AF Thunderbirds air show is in town this weekend. Hmm...rockets on Saturday and air show on Sunday. That just might work!

I live only a few miles or so down the road from the Fly-In but never go, hate those crowds.

As for the TTRA crowd, when do things get good at the field? Early/opening? Is there a rail pad available (as most of my stuff as buttons)? Thankfully I have an accessible stash of AP/BP and a few kits on top of the moving pile. :) This is going to take on a life of its own if I'm not careful!

Things tend to 'heat up' after 10:30 or so. That's about when I usually show up, even though my current flying is pretty 'watered down' compared to years past.......

Back