Attn: All Model Rocketry Personal, Vendors, & Former Military …please Read & Support

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce013

Reaction score
I read this on IPMS’s web site last night ( https://www.ipmsusa.org/index.htm ), and I felt bad that I haven’t done anything this year to support our troops yet. Now’s the time gentleman! This is a great idea to help some of the guys over there stuck in the Sandbox pass the time, and get a little reminder that we here in the world appreciate what they are going through.

As we are part of the model building community, what better way to help. I have a few plastic models that I was going to get around to building someday, but these guys really need them. Also they need building supplies. Glue, paint sets, brushes, thinner, and the like. Got any old rocketry starter sets gathering dust in the garage, or attic? You get the idea!

I’m challenging all of you sitting their thinking this IS a great idea, to take action today get an empty box out now, and put it in a prominent place where you won’t forget about filling it up & sending it off by Friday! Remember to make it a true care package too, and toss in some funny books, snacks, music CD’s…..etc. Let’s “GIT EM DONE”!!!

Cheers, Bruce
FSA/TWP
https://communitylink.palmbeachpost.com/groups/FSATWP

Hello from Iraq,
I am Maj. Duke Samouce and am in the US Army deployed to Iraq in support of Iraqi Freedom IV. The reason I am contacting you is to seek support for a modeling group that I have just started here at FOB (Forward Operating Base) Speicher. FOB Speicher is located just to the N.W. of Tikrit.

I have been in contact with Jeff Herne from FSM and he directed me to your web page and the "Support our Troops" program. What a great thing you are doing. I sure would like to be added to the organizations you guys are supporting. Your web page is great and the support to the troop nothing less than outstanding....BRAVO!

I am happy to say that with the support of Fine Scale Modeler magazine, we will be receiving a starter package of models, paint and model making supplies for the soldiers to enjoy. If you have any models that you can donate, that would be great. The interest I have received thus far for the group has been great and as of right now, I will not have enough kits or supplies to meet the interest. As of 11 January, I have about 50 kits from Rick Uliano who owns www.justplanehobbies.com (THANKS Rick), I eagerly wait the arrival of the packages from FSM.

We will really be needing building supplies. Paint, knifes glue etc. I can not say enough how much you support mean to the soldiers here. We are at the five month point now and the "grind" is really starting to set in, scale Model making is a great distraction for the soldiers deployed here in Iraq and they will be very thankful of any support from you. I will be here thru August of 2006 so there will be some continuity to get this up and running. I have spoken with the manager of the MWR facilities close to me and have their total support with facilities and personnel.

Our address is:

FOB Speicher Model Group
Attn: MAJ Duke Samouce
101 Avn BDE/S3
FOB Speicher
APO AE 09369

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back