ASP WAC Corporal w/Tiny Tim Booster 18mm to 18mm build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check his video out above!

Oops:blush: Unfortunately, I missed even seeing that. I'm at work this week and the company server blocks certain websites for content... YouTube happens to be one of them. Just seeing the link doesn't help me if I try to use my iPhone or Kindle Fire later, unless I have the title of the video to look for.

Oops:blush: Unfortunately, I missed even seeing that. I'm at work this week and the company server blocks certain websites for content... YouTube happens to be one of them. Just seeing the link doesn't help me if I try to use my iPhone or Kindle Fire later, unless I have the title of the video to look for.

The title of the video is "ASP 18 to 18mm WAC Corporal". It stages pretty high up so you can't get a good look. I have run the sims and I think that launching it on an A8-0 to A8-3 would result is a successful flight that would stage very low. Providing a good look at the staging.

Could you by chance scan the instructions for this kit? I'd be grateful. It seems I bought this kit about 15 years ago and never built it. Half a dozen moves later, I have all of the pieces/parts, but the instructions have vanished!

Could you by chance scan the instructions for this kit? I'd be grateful. It seems I bought this kit about 15 years ago and never built it. Half a dozen moves later, I have all of the pieces/parts, but the instructions have vanished!

Drop me a note thru the Contact Us form and I'll email you a copy...

Andy/ASP

I boosted the WAC Corporal on an A8-0 in order to get a picture of the gap staging.
WAC Corporal Staging.PNGWAC Corporal Staging (2).PNG
For the purpose of getting the photos, I would have to say it was a success, however the A8-0 did not successfully ignite the sustainer motor and it lawn darted.
[YOUTUBE]_ubdB6DcvYA[/YOUTUBE]

At least it stuck the landing.
Damage is minimal and it will fly again.
Damage to WAC Corportal.jpg
I am recommending using the suppled gap filling body tube during flight.

Looks like there was plenty of fire up there in the gap. Was the sustainer a big nozzle A8? Maybe just a little bad gap staging luck. Maybe the A8 booster is just to shallow? Maybe a little BP on top to enhance the sparks? OOPs, that last comment could be construed as being a bad influence. Just stick to the C6-0's.

Just a little shorter, but still air worthy. Staged using a B6-0 to an A8-7 fully open air gap. So we are 2 for 2 on Bs and 0 for 1 with an A.
It looks cool to see the sparks of the booster fly.
[YOUTUBE]0JEy6i0oYHw[/YOUTUBE]

Responding to a super old thread,... but will see what happens,...

I'm getting ready to build my ASP Single Stage WAC Corporal 29mm.

I'm really intrigued by the possibility of adding a scratch-made Tiny Tim booster. Trying to figure out how best to connect the booster to the sustainer.

Looking at the design of the smaller ASP Two Stage 24mm version, I think the 24mm version has 3 dowels that attach to a forward ring, which is a friction fit on the sustainer motor tube. With the bigger 29mm version, I think the boattail will interfere with that approach.

I found a much larger scale version where the booster connects to the sustainer via the 3 pins (dowels)? https://www.jcrocket.com/drawings/wacinterstage.pdf

For the ASP 29mm kit, would it be as simple as drilling 3 vertical holes in the boattail to receive the 3 dowels or pins?

Last edited:
Back