Anyone Built the Centuri Space Shuttle?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built one back in the '70s. The build wasn't especially hard. You need three people at the launch - one to watch for the big glider, one to watch for the little glider, and one to watch for the pop pod. I lost all three parts in the last launch.

I'm thinking of trying to build the Centuri Space Shuttle:

http://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/centuri/kc-6.pdf
Anyone here tried building this, and if so, how was both the build and your flight?
Like Sooner Boomer mentioned, i built this kit in the 70s and had 2-3 successful launches before “leaving home” to join the Navy.

First flight had an issue with shuttle not fitting right, and didn’t eject, after that, a pretty neat launch when worked.

Good luck. I just recently joined here and now 45 years plus later am ready to get back into the hobby that i will never outgrow.

I do recommend taking your time with the kit (i was known it launch “if” i thought glue was dried). lot of parts and be able to secure it from moving while things move.

Im sure you’ll enjoy the flight and YES- have another body or two to chase the components.

Back