Any RV people on the board?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thus far, I'm a motorhome guy, but have never been in a travel trailer. My current truck would only pull a small-ish travel trailer and honestly I don't overly love towing trailers - I'll do it, but its not something I overly look forward to.

This Sprinter C (marketed as B+) is a nimble little thing. A true class B is really just a van, whereas this B+/C thing is bigger and heavier. Having said that, I can pretty much go anywhere an F150 can go with zero issues (other than height. . . ). Often times when I call state parks to see if there is a spot available, I say I'm only 25' total and can fit basically anywhere - if you've got a tough spot that has a nice view, I'll take it. It is cool how many lower priced spots with great views I've had.

I am also amazed at how quick and responsive the 3L Turbo Diesel is. It took me a bit to realize that you have to stomp on the pedal to get boost to build quickly, but once boost comes up, you get going. I am pulling away from stoplights just like regular cars and merging onto highways with no issue. I would have expected it to be a pig to drive, but it does well and 14-16mpg through the mountains at 70mph isn't too bad.

At this point, I think I really did luck into the best solution for me right now. I was thinking of renting, but after seeing the cost to rent vs. the thought of buying it and taking it on that first trip, I decided to buy it and if I hated it, I'd try to sell it for what I paid minus what a rental would have cost and roll the dice. For me, in this case, it worked well. I agree that the idea of renting has huge merit, though. I think if I ever do try the trailer route, I'd like to rent before buying for sure.

Maybe some of us RV-ers should post a pic or two in the post a pic threads when we score a beautiful place. While I like some of the pics in those threads, I like the ones where the pic was taken by the person posting vs. just a cool picture online. Both have their place, but the ones where I know its you or me taking the pic have a little more humanity to them.

Sandy.
Yes,
Yes,
and, Yes..
My buddy Troy has a 3500 dually pick up and a Arctic camper that sits in it.
I was shocked at how far those pick up camper tops have come.
This thing has slide outs ( don't recall, one or two ).
His reasoning is he likes to go places you cant while towing.
When we're rolling cross country I'd LOVE to stop at a steakhouse, but they're in the city, I don't risk it.
When we go to anywhere to camp that isn't a rocketry field we take whatever spot we're told we can get in and out of.
I agree with you 100%, your points are not just valid, they're very important..
Sandy, all actually, We just love a beautiful view, natural beauty.
If you can find your way, see Heckshire State park, upstate NY.
It's stunning.
We just saw Yosemite while we were at the Balls launch.
There's no point in saying anything about Yosemite, the words would simply fail.
I'd like to see some of the parks out west, I think Arches, Glacier, Yellowstone, I'm missing some important ones.

I desperately need to learn to slow down and not be in such a rush.
It can be difficult to dig out of stuff to do after being away for a bit.

( jeez, what a downright foolish statement ).

I promise.

This year.

Teddy

Back