Another Pilot becomes a Walmart Greeter.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
The SWA pilot that landed hard the other day in NY, landed his ride nose first, collapsing the nose gear. Welcome to Walmart!:lol:

The walmarts around here (nearly every corner) don't have greeters anymore, what's next after that?

The walmarts around here (nearly every corner) don't have greeters anymore, what's next after that?

In New England, it's Ocean State Job Lot's. They take over an old Walmart store when Walmart builds a Superstore.

The SWA pilot that landed hard the other day in NY, landed his ride nose first, collapsing the nose gear.

Was that the 'official' conclusion of the NTSB? Ought to let them announce the official finding before we start laying blame on the pilot...

Was that the 'official' conclusion of the NTSB? Ought to let them announce the official finding before we start laying blame on the pilot...
Yes, 3 degree down angle at touchdown.

(Reuters) - U.S. safety investigators said on Thursday that a Southwest Airlines jetliner that crashed at LaGuardia Airport in New York on Monday landed on its front landing gear before its main landing gear touched down on the runway, a landing Southwest said was "not in accordance with our operating procedures."

I bet that was a rough ride.

--Lance.

The NTSB prints a statement blaming the pilot for the crash three days before the crash actually happens.

The NTSB prints a statement blaming the pilot for the crash three days before the crash actually happens.

:surprised:Wow! They are THAT psychic? I need them to pick my lottery number then!..:tongue:

I sit corrected..I did not realize that NTSB had so quickly released their findings..

Really, it wasn't the pilots fault..The runway got tilted from the last time he flew in!:rofl:

That's ridiculous. The NTSB simply released factual information obtained from the airport video and on-board flight data recorder that the airplane was in a 3 degrees nose down attitude at touchdown and the nose wheel hit the runway before the main gear. They have not determined why the plane touched down in this attitude, or even if the gear should have failed under the landing attitude. The complete analysis to determine probable cause will most like take 9-15 months.

or even if the gear should have failed under the landing attitude. The complete analysis to determine probable cause will most like take 9-15 months.

Pretty sure the front landing gear is not designed to bear the FULL weight of the plane.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the front landing gear is not designed to bear the FULL weight of the plane.
Agreed, but it will be checked again. The NTSB has no regulatory authority. Their sole purpose is to objectively investigate accidents, identify probable cause and make recommendations to the AHJ to prevent future occurrences of similar incidents. For aviation incidents, the AHJ is the FAA, and FAA may choose to implement or ignore any or all of the NTSB recommendations.

The "Instigator" strikes again.
Inciting riots is not only a band, its not taken to too kindly around these parts .:horse:

Could have been many factors, from pilot error to mechanical failure.

Maybe it was the on board compuker that maybe landed the plane while the pilot was having a cup of tea with the hot blonde in first class seating.:pop:

Back