another first

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart32

Reaction score
for me anyway. Finally got to lauch the 3X18mm Cycline 3 Fun Fat Rocket.

First cluster launch for me, 3XB6-4. Way cool...and the sound was awsome. Great flight/deployment. Landed in the road and chiped the paint a little and the ripstop chute was singed. Was getting kinda late so I only launched this bird once.

The other first was the use of a relay system to launch the above.
The 12v gel cell easily lighted the motors with my 4 igniter capacity clip whip. I will try this one again on C power next.

Now a cluster junkie....

Next cluster: 4X24mm Big Daddy, once the painting is done.

Good luck on the Big Daddy. As I often warn folks locally, short fat rockets are *NOT* the best candidates for clustering. If one or more motors does not ignite, they can rotate horizontally and crash far downrange. This can cause property damamge or start a fire (or long line of fire(s) ).

Longer cluster rockets are more forgiving if one or more motors does not ignite. On many of the best designs you cannot tell that all the motors did not ignite except by noticing a slightly slower lift-off or lower altitude.

The good old Ranger or Cobra were good examples of this.

Originally posted by Stewart32
for me anyway. Finally got to lauch the 3X18mm Cycline 3 Fun Fat Rocket.

First cluster launch for me, 3XB6-4. Way cool...and the sound was awsome. Great flight/deployment. Landed in the road and chiped the paint a little and the ripstop chute was singed. Was getting kinda late so I only launched this bird once.

The other first was the use of a relay system to launch the above.
The 12v gel cell easily lighted the motors with my 4 igniter capacity clip whip. I will try this one again on C power next.

Now a cluster junkie....

Next cluster: 4X24mm Big Daddy, once the painting is done.

Back