amazon bummer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caheaton

Reaction score
Bummer, guess I should have known better. Last night I began work on my Mongoose in the hopes that I could use it to fly the digital Astrocam over the weekend (supposed to have beautiful weather and winds around 5mph). I've already glued the engine tubes into the fin cans and just now pulled out the body tube....it's bent and badly crumpled in two places (shipping box is fine so it was in that condition when packed by amazon). Sigh. I put in a return request, so when amazon sends me the replacement kit I'll swap the body tubes and return. Bummer. I also have a Custom Screamer I'd built recently thinking it could also be a booster for the camera, but alas it came with warped fins. Still flyable, but it will spin like heck on the way up. (Custom kit was from an online hobby shop....don't want to list names as he likely wasn't aware of it's condition when he shipped it). Maybe I can use the BT50 coupler to repair the damaged Astrocam booster and just use that for now.....

My plan had been to try it with an 18mm E25-4T that I've had laying about for years (and hoping that 4 second delay is now closer to 8 seconds :) ).

Last edited:
Amazon's return policy is something completely random. Two times I got not my product.

Back