Alberta! Sound off and introduce yourselves!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forty Two year member of CAR, and the Calgary Rocketry Association, Level 3 CAR HP certified and current NAR member, enjoy teaching kids and adults about the hobby and enjoy competitive model rocketry.

Garth Illerbrun
CAR S4 L3
NAR 26894 L2

Jason here.

Megatroplis of Kitscoty! Well in the countryside close to it ;) Land host to the Fall Fire Launch.

Garth, you going to come out to Rock Lake?

Jason
CAR 576
Level 4
TRA 10017
Level 3

Hi Jason! Unfortunately the wife and I have committed over the long weekend to attend another event, so this year I will not be at Roc Lake. Should make it to Sullivan Lake 20and if you have a date set for Fall Fire would like to make that one as well. Looks like you guys are going to have great weather next weekend. Next issue is seeing when I we can all get back to work with the flooding in downtown Calgary, might be mid week. Thankfully no flooding where I am at.

Garth

Geoff,

Hope that is true for your family, no news being good news. If they are not near the two rivers they likely made it through the crisis. I expect that by weeks end we will have a very good idea as to the total damage, but estimates are running in the billion's of dollars.

Garth

I was born in Alberta but now I'm in Cranbrook, BC so still real close. Hello all, I'm just getting into rocketry & look forward to chatting.

Hi CRC and welcome to TRF, sorry to hear you moved to BC, I'll still consider you an Albertan since you were born here :grin:
Im sure you'll find a lot of info and help on this forum with many great people and a wealth of knowledge.

Born in E-town(Edmonton) I still keep some family(wifes fam really) in Alberta ;)

John in Calgary! Been out of Rocketry since the mid to late 90's and doing a lot of RC (heli's and Airplanes)!

Have been thinking about it for a while and looking forward to getting back into and will be joining the CRA and CAR (can't remember my CAR # though)!

Hope to see you all at a launch soon!

Cheers,

John

Mark in Calgary.

Been in and out of Rocketry for about 20 years. Oldest boy is now old enough to play rocket so getting a little more involved again. Hope to cert L1 this summer but then I said that LAST summer too....

So any of you Calgary peeps going to the meeting tomorrow? or what about the launch in Hanna at end of march?

so regarding the launch in Hanna in a few weeks.....what should I bring? I've never been to a HPR launch, so I dont know what to expect. I'm not bringing all my rockets, but not sure if it matters if I should bring more low or mid power rockets. Should I bring my keychain camera's?
I'm getting excited to finally see a HP launch in person & hopfully my buddy gets certified.

so regarding the launch in Hanna in a few weeks.....what should I bring? I've never been to a HPR launch, so I dont know what to expect. I'm not bringing all my rockets, but not sure if it matters if I should bring more low or mid power rockets. Should I bring my keychain camera's?
I'm getting excited to finally see a HP launch in person & hopfully my buddy gets certified.

Bring what you can fit in your vehical, low power and mid rockets and motors, the more rockets going up throughout the day the more fun to watch, but also means more walking :wink:. Yes, take your keychain camera along. Also bring a lawn chair you can sit back and look up, you might find your neck getting sore looking up in the sky throughout the day. Also having a smaller table helps if your prepping rockets.

Enjoy
Ken

O and for Hanna, bring some seriously warm clothing and as many thermoses of hot coffee as you can :)

Sorry Jason, you missed the demise of my two stage at Sullivan last year...the old phenolic tube failed and buckled right around a coupler. The Raven registered that it didn't make x altitude in x amount of time and safely didn't light :)

Was planning to rebuild something but this school year has been vicious :(

Hanna Launch is a GO!!!! Who hoo!! Hope to see some of you there on Sat.

NE Edmonton. 2 boys (8&10) getting into the hobby. I launched in the 80's. Now I'm the chief engineer and financier.

Hello fellow Alberta TRF members! I hope to try a level 1 certification next year, but need some guidance first. Location, NE of Edmonton, about 1.25 hours. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of the locals that are in the hobby. I have a pile of questions!

Cheers,
Chris.

Back