AGM-14 HELL`S COMMING " DONE" !!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice workmanship !! By the way--I like unorthodox---works for me---a lot!--On a side note--I also sim very little--I'm not looking for performance-as a rule-on my builds so I get the cp/cg relationship close and everything aligned straight and it usually/mostly-works out. Guess I'm lucky too! Of course there was the,--- lets not talk about that now---H

Very nice workmanship !! By the way--I like unorthodox---works for me---a lot!--On a side note--I also sim very little--I'm not looking for performance-as a rule-on my builds so I get the cp/cg relationship close and everything aligned straight and it usually/mostly-works out. Guess I'm lucky too! Of course there was the,--- lets not talk about that now---H

Cheers to that :cheers:

Paul T

I find your work and build threads to be very creative and inspiring.Thanks very much

I find your work and build threads to be very creative and inspiring.Thanks very much

Thanks for saying that ,it`s very much appreciated pepe !

The build is going a little slow right now ,just too much to do ,but I have time now,so work is back in progress.

Take care

Paul T

Now all you need is one of those surplus T 54/55's for loads of full scale fun on the back 40.

I checked Russian surplus sites ,they have them ,but Boris on Ebay wants an arm and a leg and two bottles of Vodka for shipping LOL

Paul T

Since the motor will be somewhat recessed into the tailcone ,I think i`ll make some kind of a blast protector.I found that a piece of 4" Bluetube BT fits nicely into the TC opening ,so I cut a short piece to slide inside.

Paul T

phpOqGp7vPM.jpg

phpuBDvmnPM.jpg

To further protect the BlueTube sleeve ,I rolled two pieces of tin and will JB weld them inside.I had to roll the tin in two pieces ,as the material was not long enough to roll in one piece.

I use my little roller to do the job ,works great.

Paul T

phpaeap6QPM.jpg

phpNM40iWPM.jpg

Here`s the two halves rolled ,rough sanded ,cleaned with alcohol and ready to be JB welded into the sleeve.

Paul t

phpiOdPkYPM.jpg

And a little test fit to make sure the tin conforms to the inside of the sleeve.

Ready for JB weld.Now to find a few hundred clamps LOL

Paul T

phpfWZ8mgPM.jpg

I envy you and your tools, Paul.

People tell me I have too many tools Mason......and they be right LOL

But to show you all ,I will cut all the BlueTube by hand ,just to show it can done ,although I have power tools for that too.

I have not forgottem about the IRIS info BTW !

Take care

Paul T

Just use a heavyweight balloon, inflate it inside the ring once the parts are in place.

G.D.

Well I would G.D. , but I just happen to have a million clamps in the shop and no balloons LOL

I`m not kidding either ,you`ll see.....scary I know.

Paul T

This is a test fit and also gives you an idea of what I plan on doing.

The parts are actually now clamped and curing.It took a bit of work to get the two halves to align properly,as the JB in liquid form ,makes the tin slip around.

Paul t

phph8bIRPPM.jpg

phprWsQu0PM.jpg

I told you I had a lot of clamps !

Looks like a rack of Lamb.......I`m getting hungry :wink:

Paul t

php3OyHznPM.jpg

php9UCQVfPM.jpg

phpifBrFnPM.jpg

phpko1STBPM.jpg

phpwsvCZSPM.jpg

I removed the clamps and the JB weld is set enough that i can work with the blast sleeve.

I slapped in and brushed a good layer of 30 min. epoxy and slid the tin lined sleeve into the tailcone, it`s a nice snug fit.

After the whole outfit is cured ,I`ll sand the entire aft end flat and level ,then on to the body tube.

I`m waiting for another length ,as I got some crazy ideas that need to be added ,so more BlueTube is needed.I also need to make some various sizes of coupler rings ,so again ,more BleTbe BT is needed.

Paul T

php89ewRlPM.jpg

phpps1OuPPM.jpg

phpQ7e84VPM.jpg

phpUKvSBoPM.jpg

Oh ,what`s a build without a shot of a tailcone ,CRs and MMT tube......

sorry ,but i took the pix so I feel obliged to post them....

again ,sorry LOL

Back tomorrow, but now I must measure and cut some tube and hack in some looooooooooooong fin slots !

Take care and thanks for looking !

Paul T

phpKrMaiFPM.jpg

phpze27j4PM.jpg

Careful what you wish for fellas :wink:

Well I got to bed early last night ,and up early this fine Saturday morning......5:30 AM to be specific :caffeine:

I love the quiet of the mornings ,until I get my tablesaw and router table fired up to make some fins.

I managed to cut a body tube last night ,but that`s it.

I want to post something about that ,which I hope will help you all out there.

....and some useless picutres.....well not really ,but I forgot I had these.An AIM-9 Falcon missile ,AIR-2 GENIE nuke and Black Brant IVB .These beauties are located in my local aviation museum ,and seeing how I want to build a full size scratch AIM-9 Falcon soon ,I`m going to ask them if I can take measurements of the static display and some closeup pictures.The Genie nuke is easily accessed ,and would also be a cool build.

Back soon !

Paul T

AVIATION MUSEUM 013.jpg

AVIATION MUSEUM 025.jpg

AVIATION MUSEUM 036.jpg

That nuke certainly looks interesting...

It was basically a dumb bomb/missile ,launched from a big jet into a Russian bomber formation and detinated in the general area.With nukes ,it`s you need !
It was Canada`s only nuke ,launched from F-101 VooDoos ,just in case the Ruskies sent bombers over the Arctic Circle to attack the ICBM missile silos on Minot ,North Dakota.....about 45 minutes South of my citiy :y:

There was/is Grand Forks AFB where they had a B-52 bomber wing ,ready for action.I`ve been there several times ,pretty cool displays ,and static B-52s and missiles.I want to go back to GFAFB and get permission to take pictures.

I actually go to Grand Forks,North Dakota all the time ,for shopping R&R and I have a postal address there also.Going in a month.

Paul T

the ol' F-101 Voo Doo..another neat plane...I love the Century series of fighters...those Falcons are sweet too...one of these days I am going to try a build of the F-102, my personal favorite of the Century series with that cool missile bay filled with Falcons...cool stuff Paul!

It was basically a dumb bomb/missile ,launched from a big jet into a Russian bomber formation and detinated in the general area.With nukes ,it`s you need !
It was Canada`s only nuke ,launched from F-101 VooDoos ,just in case the Ruskies sent bombers over the Arctic Circle to attack the ICBM missile silos on Minot ,North Dakota.....about 45 minutes South of my citiy :y:

There was/is Grand Forks AFB where they had a B-52 bomber wing ,ready for action.I`ve been there several times ,pretty cool displays ,and static B-52s and missiles.I want to go back to GFAFB and get permission to take pictures.

I actually go to Grand Forks,North Dakota all the time ,for shopping R&R and I have a postal address there also.Going in a month.

Paul T

Back