• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AG1 FLASHBULBS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
AG1 FLASHBULBS

WAY back in the day, in my youth, we used these for igniting BP, and they worked great! Didn't have a single one fail!

Does anyone still use these for ejection charges, ground testing, etc? I have hundreds laying around, about 180 of which are pre-wired ones from Robby's Rockets.

Justin

DSC_0035.JPGDSC_0036.JPGDSC_0038.jpg

Kodak Instamatics used cubes. the Polaroid Swinger (remember the theme song?) used AG-1's. My mom had a big polaroid Land camera that used some
really big mother bulbs. I thought it was amazing to see the picture after it was pulled away from the negative. The color pictures were for special occasions.
Kurt (sorry for being O/T)

I'll take any if still available. :)

Rant on: Sorry to be "that guy", but do you even know what these are? Do you know how they were used for HPR? No offense, but just because they are free does not mean you should automatically request them.

I do however have some used hand sanitizer, used printer ink, and a pet rock for ya!

Rant on: Sorry to be "that guy", but do you even know what these are? Do you know how they were used for HPR? No offense, but just because they are free does not mean you should automatically request them.

I do however have some used hand sanitizer, used printer ink, and a pet rock for ya!

:cheers:

Yup. Used for ejection charge lighting. I have some, but I ran out of 'em. Swung by Jim S's place today and snagged some from him while I was there, so I am not in need of them any more. :)

And for your information, I have used flashbulbs on most all of my dd flights. :p

Last edited:
I mainly remember them shrink wrapped to thermalite in sheathing. About a foot of themalite with just the ends unsheathed. Great for low current clustering.

People use Christmas lights for ejection charges too, but the wires to solder too seem so fragile.

People use Christmas lights for ejection charges too, but the wires to solder too seem so fragile.

Did that for a while. Instead of soldering the leads, I just chopped up the light string and used the sockets for the now plug in charges. Just left the sockets hard wired to the AV-bay. Worked pretty good - not sure why I stopped using them.

Did that for a while. Instead of soldering the leads, I just chopped up the light string and used the sockets for the now plug in charges. Just left the sockets hard wired to the AV-bay. Worked pretty good - not sure why I stopped using them.

I had some packs of loose ones with no plug. I planned on doing them as you describe with ones on strings now that I think about it. Had enough other options that I never used them in a rocket. Proof of concept was there and it is a dirt cheap way to go.

Tried some for night rocket lighting, but wasn't happy with the result.

Kevin

Like you, I think it was just that e-matches were easy enough to get. Add that to the fact that it was time consuming to manufacture the charges and I just stopped...

Anyone using these for charges, it helps to remove some of the plastic coating.

I've been using flashbulbs in my rockets since 1990.
I'm almost out. How much would you want for them?

Ken Goldstein
L3 Tripoli 1276

Back