AeroTech Order Issues

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Foster

Reaction score
I ordered 2 E35-5W motors from AeroTech/Quest on May 3 and they still have not shipped. They responded to my email stating "they were very busy". You are too busy to ship an order for 2 motors?? Really?? Additionally, they charged my credit card on receipt of the order instead of upon shipment like most retailers. They also mentioned it can take 6-8 weeks? I know many of you use these motors. Is this typical performance?

I ordered 2 E35-5W motors from AeroTech/Quest on May 3 and they still have not shipped. They responded to my email stating "they were very busy". You are too busy to ship an order for 2 motors?? Really?? Additionally, they charged my credit card on receipt of the order instead of upon shipment like most retailers. They also mentioned it can take 6-8 weeks? I know many of you use these motors. Is this typical performance?
AT has posted recently that they have had massive amounts of orders coming in lately, and they are behind in production as a result. They also stated they are working to shore up issues in production (e.g. hiring and what not) to alleviate the issue. This isn't typical, just something of a temporary issue due to business taking off (pardon the pun) more than they expected.

You could look at some other vendors to see if they have any in stock currently if you need them quickly.

AT has posted recently that they have had massive amounts of orders coming in lately, and they are behind in production as a result. They also stated they are working to shore up issues in production (e.g. hiring and what not) to alleviate the issue. This isn't typical, just something of a temporary issue due to business taking off (pardon the pun) more than they expected.

You could look at some other vendors to see if they have any in stock currently if you need them quickly.
OK thanks- But They should not be charging credit cards before they ship the order!

It would never even occur to me to order motors directly from the manufacturer. Give this link a try, and you'll probably save a good bit of money too....

https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/qus/qus6150.htm

It would never even occur to me to order motors directly from the manufacturer. Give this link a try, and you'll probably save a good bit of money too....

Agreed. I like Hobbylinc, especially for the smaller RMS stuff. Their prices are great and they ship fast at very fair S+H fees. AT is going to sell at full retail prices. You can buy BELOW RETAIL at probably 1/2 dozen places.

Wildman
Sirius
BalsaMachining
Chris' rocket supplies
Rocket.supplies
Buyrocketmotors.com (although stock has been out/low for quite a while)
Performance Hobbies (usually at retail, but if you catch him at a launch, no shipping or hazmat)

You can also shop around at Apogee. They have a great website, but their prices are usually full-retail like AT's website.

-Matt

Agreed. I like Hobbylinc, especially for the smaller RMS stuff. Their prices are great and they ship fast at very fair S+H fees. AT is going to sell at full retail prices. You can buy BELOW RETAIL at probably 1/2 dozen places.

Chris' rocket supplies
Chris' is my goto for Quest motors but he is out of the E35-5 motors right now. he is about $1 cheaper than Hobbylinc on that package.

Seems about right. When I make an order from their research website RCS it’s normally 2-3 weeks to ship. They are very upfront on that say and say expect 2-4 weeks.

Seems about right. When I make an order from their research website RCS it’s normally 2-3 weeks to ship. They are very upfront on that say and say expect 2-4 weeks.
My last order was in my hands in VT 6 buisness days after ordering. My delivery man is starting to get that when their is a Aerotech Consumer Aerospace yellow tape on the box, it goes on the back porch outta sight lol

My last order was in my hands in VT 6 buisness days after ordering. My delivery man is starting to get that when their is a Aerotech Consumer Aerospace yellow tape on the box, it goes on the back porch outta sight lol

You can add something like "LEAVE ON BACK PORCH" in the second address line, and they might actually read it.

Not every vendor has them [the -5] in stock. If you have to wait 6-8 weeks for them at Aerotech, then they are out and would need to make them which takes alot of time to get into the queue.

Here is a vendor with them in stock...For Now...get them soon:

Back