• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Wtb

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashinj

Reaction score
Ok I admit it I'm lazy, and really just don't have the time. Does anybody make a 3m cluster mounting kit that would fit in a Baby Bertha? That is a BT-60 body tube isn't it? Oh for 18mm

Moving on to a Fat Boy, how about a 4m cluster kit using 18mm?

There is just too much I want to do, and not enough time.

CrashinJ

LOL!

That does make me chuckle...sorry.

You don't need a motor mount to put 3 18mm motors in a BT-60.

The tube is designed and sized to exactly hold (that was Estes' original idea) 3 BT-20's.

Just make 3 18mm motor mounts out of BT-20's 2.75" long and glue them together. after that's dry glue it into the BT-60 and soak some tissue with glue to fill in the gaps.

sandman

Drop a note to Flying_Silverad here on TRF. He makes all kinds of centering rings. He just gave me my 4 X 24mm Big Daddy set.

A

Originally posted by sandman

Just make 3 18mm motor mounts out of BT-20's 2.75" long and glue them together. after that's dry glue it into the BT-60 and soak some tissue with glue to fill in the gaps.

Or you can use a little polyurethane glue (like Gorilla Glue) which will foam up & fill the gaps--no to mention add quite a bit of strength/rigidity!

I think thats what I will do. I was thinking about before cause I use Probond all the time on my Blue Cor Foam RC airplanes and its great stuff.

CrashinJ

Back