A Pair of Deuces

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
I'm building a pair of 24 mm Deuces. These will usually fly on D and Estes E power. Parts from BMS.

Nice pair of Dueces.
Do I actually see a turntable and vinyl records in that pic? Always nice to see the retro stuff still being used. ;)

A pair of Dueces.... hmmmmm....

would that be... A Duece of Dueces? :D

Believe it or not they are rereleasing stuff right now on LP's mainly classic rock, credence clearwater etc. The records are expensive though at around 40 bucks a pop. Records are certainly crisp but personally I don't know all the science behind it. Personally I think I like CDs. Now with tube gear it's pretty simple,,, to most people tubes sound better because tubes generate even numbered harmonics whereas transistors geneate odd numbered harmonics,, and the human ear 'likes' even harmonics better.

Originally posted by Stones
Nice pair of Dueces.
Do I actually see a turntable and vinyl records in that pic? Always nice to see the retro stuff still being used. ;)

Originally posted by jflis
Very kewl! These will make for an incredible drag race! :)

Here's a drag race for ya... :D Jason's 24mm Deuce on the left and my old and dearly departed 24mm Tour de Deuce bird. Both flew on E9's and were nearly in tandem through the entire flight.

Most of the albums were purchased in the 1970's, none after 1985. I need a new receiver, my old one died. I much prefer CD's, no pops, skips, etc.

The Deuces are done. They weigh 8.5 oz ready to fly except motors.

Back