A.C.M.E. Spitfire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scm86

Reaction score
As some of you may know, im doing an upscale of the ACME, and i would like to make sure its stable, so im asking that those of you who have the acme to post where the CG is. Im not sure of any other way to make sure its stable.

If you can post your CG in relation to the nose and how it flies, it would be greatly appreciated.

i would like to eventually compile the data and get a range for stable flight on the acme, maybe it'll help people tryin to put bigger motors in the little ones to see when its gonna be stable or not...

Thanx

Scott McNeely

the cg on mine according to the string test is 7.5 in from the top of the body tube. It is a very good flier the last time it went up the pin that holds the nose cone from turning broke and it did some spirals at about 350 ft, it made for some cool looking trail. It was recovered safely and has been repared and ready for flight

I made a detailed RockSim file for this kit and get a CG at 11 inches from the tip of the nose cone with a D12-3 motor loaded. RockSim 7 estimates the CP to be 13.9 inches from the nose cone tip. The empty CG is 9.25 inches from the tip of the nose cone.

I wish the body wraps at the FlisKits site were .jpgs so I could use the texture mapping function in RockSim 7.0.4.5 to apply them! I haven't built the actual kit yet to confirm the CG values.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Back