808 #16 FOV question... Which one best matches the Cineroc?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just found out about the 808 #16 camera with the D (very wide) lens option. The D version wasn't available when I bought mine. Now I'm wondering if I bought the "right" camera.

I'm very interested in creating a Digital Cineroc that is a match for the appearance of the original, but with a 808 camera instead of the old 8mm film camera. This now begs the question does anyone know what the field-of-view the original Cineroc had?

Thanks
Jim

The focal length was 10mm, which would put it as wide-angle. "Normal" for Super8 film is 15-17mm.

I just found out about the 808 #16 camera with the D (very wide) lens option. The D version wasn't available when I bought mine. Now I'm wondering if I bought the "right" camera.

I'm very interested in creating a Digital Cineroc that is a match for the appearance of the original, but with a 808 camera instead of the old 8mm film camera. This now begs the question does anyone know what the field-of-view the original Cineroc had?

Thanks
Jim

Not sure but the small mirror hood tells you something-- it could not have been particularly wide field of view because the mirror would have had to have been larger...

Later! OL JR :)

Back