60 Acres Park, Redmond, WA (Seattle area)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday! Speedway! 400 Fuel Injected Rocket Ships! Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Well, we'll see, but we're hoping for decent weather and launching on Sunday the 7th. And then the WAC (local club) launch is January 13th. Then the Boeing Club launch (open to everyone, D impulse max), January 20th down in Kent.

Done Information and Volunteer Opportunity.
Not directly rocket related, but close enough and perhaps of interest to people using 60 Acres.

https://www.cityoflfp.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=2690
On Saturday, January 13, the Northshore Emergency Management Coalition (NEMCo) is hosting a community information session to provide a program update regarding the NEMCo Drone program. Stop by and see the Air Squirrels Drone Team up close.
NEMCo is one of the first local organizations to implement a volunteer Drone Program with the mission to provide its Emergency Manager and partnering agencies with a way to reduce risk, liability and exposure to hazards for volunteers, first responders and the public.
NEMCo is actively looking for volunteers to join the drone team. If you have an interest in drones and would like to participate, information on how you can get involved will also be presented. Training is starting soon for several positions, including Ground Safety, Air Safety, Flight Safety, Pilots and Data Processing. No previous experience is required. Stop by on the 13th to learn more!
Read more at: https://www.northshoreemc.com/nemco-cert/droneprogram

Depending on who you believe, Sunday may be clear enough for a launch. I'll be keeping a close eye on the weather and I hope we can scare the clouds away!
Both the National Weather Service and Weather Underground are still showing what could be passable weather for Sunday.

For the 13th, when the WAC launch is scheduled, however, Weather Underground is showing four inches of snow!

I am fighting off the cold that has had other members of my household down since New Year's Eve....so I am probably going to not come and stand out in the 20 degree air tomorrow. Have fun guys.

Unfortunately the long range forecast for next Saturday (when we'd be flying at the Raceway) looks pretty wet, but with rain, not snow.

WAC January launch, we're setup and ready for anyone interested in joining us! 11 AM -3 PM. Bring your rockets and warm clothes!

Last edited:
I've create an album in Google Photos with my images and videos from Saturday's launch. Mostly my stuff, but also a variety of other's. I don't know who's is whose, so feel free to add captions, or request that I delete if you'd prefer they not be there.

Even though my scratch Mega Mosquito was treed on it's first flight and despite all the E9 and E12 CATOs, not to mention the cold, a good time was had by at least me, and presumably everyone else.

WAC Jan 13, 2024, 60 Acres

Attachments

• 1705359831019.png
    1705359831019.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
This might be premature, but I’m eyeing next weekend for an opportunity to launch. Weather forecast is still developing but at the moment it’s looking dry and low winds. Pencil it in if you’re interested!
I’m in! Let me know as soon as you pick a day. Saturday is slightly better for me, but I assume it'll be a weather based decision. @Barry Ford I hope you can make it too!

I had hoped that Ingraham Rocketry would be back in the air this weekend, but it appears that 3D printing is going slower than expected. This is the challenge of having the students do the work as the ARC rules require.

WAC Meeting Announcement

Since this thread is for the Seattle area, it seems like a good place to post President Bryce’s February meeting announcement:

WAC's next public meeting will be held on February 7th at the Museum of Flight and virtually over Zoom. Details below.

Meeting Details:

Date:
Wednesday, February 7th
Time: 7:00 PM

Presentation:
Based on membership feedback we have invited Dale Woodford to present on High Power Rocketry Staging Basics. Have you been interested in learning about how to do a high power two-stage project? Interested in what electronics might be needed? This is a great opportunity to ask your questions about how to start your multi-stage adventure! You never know, maybe WAC can do a two-stage group project someday in the future. ;)

Virtual Attendance:
For those unable to join us in person, we've set up a dedicated Zoom meeting room to ensure everyone can participate. Use the following details to connect virtually:

Zoom Meeting Details:

Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6368998078?pwd=Mlpkby94K3picHM2ZHJ3amFMd2dQQT09
Meeting ID: 636 899 8078
Passcode: Rockets
Show-and-Tell:
Don't forget our Show-and-Tell session! Whether in person or virtually, share your rocketry projects and achievements. Everybody has got a winter project of some kind brewing! Email Bryce at [email protected] with pictures or videos ahead of the meeting or be prepared to share your screen temporarily.

Your active participation and contributions make WAC the vibrant community it is. Mark your calendars, and we look forward to seeing you on February 7th.

Thank you,

Bryce Chanes
WAC President

Back