• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5.5" POLECAT MERCURY REDSTONE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozwald

Reaction score
Greetings all. This should be a pretty good deal. I have a partially built Mercury Redstone that I purchased in 2012. I have installed the Nose Cone Bulkhead. The Fins and Motor Mount have been installed with inner and outer internal fillets but no fillets on the outer airframe. The outer fin sections and the lower Strips have not been installed. I have also 2-part foamed the Fincan. The lower centering ring has not been installed for access to rail button installation. This comes with everything as I received it, hardware etc. The AV Bay in of the Polecat style fixed configuration but it has not been installed and is still in pieces,(One stepped removable bulkhead and one designed to hold the sled rods and be inserted through the forward Payload Bay, Typical Polecat design). Also included are the PML Charge Holder/Cylinder Sets with 6 rubber caps included. The Tower base is built but nothing further. I also purchased a Bell Shaped Motor Retainer which I thought would look very cool and it does. As an added bonus I am including the Stickershock23 Decal set graciously provided by Mark (but not for free of course). I will not be finishing this one although it's killing me because I waited a long time to get this one and really wanted to fly it out of all of them that I own. I have about $350 into it and am asking $200, you pay the shipping although it shouldn't be that much.

Additionally, I have a Toshiba Laptop, C55D-C5217, Black in color with a 15.6" screen. Ship date 01/16. I picked it up cause my Compaq hard drive crashed but I booted the thing up and didn't like Windows 10 at all. I ended up replacing the hard drive and had a good backup so I didn't lose anything. I am used to Windows 7. The Toshiba is a nice computer with all of the latest stuff, 4GB memory, 500GB hard drive, DVD +- player, AMD A4 Processor, 1.8GHZ, Webcam, Card reader, AMD Radeon R3 graphics card, Bluetooth capable and Backlit keyboard. It has 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 ports. Also HDMI port. I just don't like it. Retail is around $400 but I will let it go for $200, you pay the shipping. Let me know if you are interested. Oz
View attachment 292035View attachment 292036View attachment 292037View attachment 292038View attachment 292039View attachment 292040View attachment 292041

Last edited:
Just put win7 on the laptop.
Hey Jimzcatz. I had thought of that but I just don't like the feel of it. The keyboard feels different and it's farther in from the front edge. It just feels awkward to me and I just like my old Compaq. I hope you're getting a chance to fly with all that work you do? Oz

Sale pending. Stay tuned folks. Oz Thanks for all the interest

Well folks, I am happy to say that the Mercury Redstone has found a new home in Pittsburgh, Pa., 75 Miles from where I actually grew up. That makes me happy. Thank you all for your interest in this thread and any of my other recent posts. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend. Oz
:cheers:

Back