4 inch Orbital Pegasus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwayne64

Reaction score
Something I've wanted to do for a while. Started building it in Lightwave. Hope to actually build it in the real world this time,
; ) Want to detail it to the extreme. Maybe not every rivet, but most details. May need to build a 2.6 inch version for testing. That high wing, makes me nervous. A lot of these things stay in the computer and can't get out. We'll see.

Peggy.jpg

Peggy 3.jpg

Peggy 2.jpg

Peggy 4.jpg

Last edited:
Was looking for parts for the 4 inch version and found this old Loc 4 inch tube. Would you look at that price. And back then I actually thought that was high. Should have bought a hundred of them.

IMG_20220623_174720~2.jpg

What size motor mount are you planning on using? Aerotech originally developed Warp 9 for the Pegasus, it would be really neat to see it come full circle and see this fly on something like an I40 or I49, but those might be too much motor for this.

Right now I'm going with a g motor. Kinda worried about the high wing. Might try to pitch backwards on me. But I'm putting a 38 mm mount in it. I'll use an adapter for the G. Yea, the force from an I motor might strip the wing right off. I think it will handle a mid H motor. Wish I'd saved that silver streak I had. We shot it off one night behind the motel at a launch. I thought we were gonna set the woods on fire. Stupid thing to do, but man did it look cool. I wouldn't do it again, but I was younger and less wise. Gotta build the 2.6 inch version first. Might use a double or triple D mount for that one. Never did many clusters, but might give it a go. We'll see what happens.

Here's a couple of pics of the nose cones. I definitely need a resin printer. No matter how dense I make the mesh the prints still have an obvious faceted look. You can see it in the 2.6 inch sanded nose cone. The 4 inch cone looks like carbon fiber with that black filament, but still has the facets. I hate sanding and want to mold these for fiberglass. I'll figure it out. And it is surprisingly difficult to get the profile of this cone right. It has a flattened side that is hard to capture. These two are the original prints and they aren't quite right. A little too ogive. I redid the model and will print them again. I think I can get an Elegoo Saturn for $ 375 on Amazon. I didn't buy myself anything last Christmas so it may be Christmas in July for me, ; )

The 2.6 inch cone.

IMG_20220624_134127~2.jpg

The 4 incher.

IMG_20220624_134026~2.jpg

Together again ; )

IMG_20220624_141338~3.jpg

Last edited:
Back