EVENT 2nd Annual Jax Low Power Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day should we launch in December?

• Total voters

SWODad

Reaction score
Last year three of us meet up for an afternoon of Low Power Launches in the Jacksonville area. Looking to do it again! Either at Palmetto Leaves Park or Chuck Rogers Park. We can vote on dates. Dates I suggest are any one of the following...December 7,8,14,15,21.

I’m in if it’s the 21st as I’m driving back. I could also do the last weekend before New Years as well

The only dates I’m really out of is the 14th and the 7th have some birthdays in there I want to go to, palmetto leaves or chuck Rodgers last time was fun. I also have 1/4 inch capability with competent 12V launch system so If we wanted to find a bit bigger field and fly some pro series that would be fun. But I’m game either way. Dylan had a great time last year and hoping we can fly together again this year. I do want to chat with Ron over at Hurricane hobbies about helping get a club going but that’s another talk altogether

There's a bottom half of a flip flyer somewhere in the forest at sheffield now.... But yes count me and my daughter in this year!

Following up on the event I’m on my way to Florida now. I’ll be there in time for the 21 date. What time would y’all like to start?

Looking at the weather going to rain the 21st. Will keep an eye on it but since Florida weather changes so fast. As a back up does the 28th or 29th work for everyone? Will have to assess when the wind will be lowest on the day of launch; what ever day that is.

I arrived safely in Jacksonville with rockets. Has a final expected date been set? I’m down for any chance we get.

It would be nice to ask. We could fly a lot easier there then anywhere else. Especially now that the power plants gone

At first glance it looked good but I found the actual website for the place... https://www.jaxrc.com/
They have membership fees and rules and insurance and stuff. Probably wouldn't let us launch there...

Based on forecast thought it was going to rain. But just going to be overcast. I made other plans with family. I am down for the 29th. Give you time to finish that kit as well.

I'm down for the 29th if it's in the morning. Picking family up from the airport at 1pm that day. Did I mention I accumulated a pretty good stash of composite c and d motors if you guys want/need any. Looking forward to flying with you guys! Might actually take a couple birds to the park tomorrow or the next day pending the weather.

Nice! i almost put mine together yesterday but ran out of time and im stuck at work all day today... anybody got dogbarf by chance?

Damn rain cut our activities short today but it was a good time! Anytime you guys want to fly again, just let me know!

Looks like I missed out this year guys, was helping the wife take care of 2 sick kids. I’m game to launch year round and hope this holiday launch continues to be a tradition... and we can get some more Jax folks involved

Back