• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

15 ft mil surplus round parachute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghp3

Reaction score
I'm selling my 15' (180) military surplus parachute, w/ deployment bag. It's made of very lightweight nylon w/ 18 shroud lines and a small spill hole at the top. Flying weight with the deployment bag is 2.25 lb. Purchased as military surplus, I have never used it.

Asking $50, plus $5 for shipping.

Thanks!

George

These work great. I use one in my Goblin. The video shows the deployment:
[YOUTUBE]nXwzRN6Ebjk[/YOUTUBE]
I was surprised how well they can take a high speed deployment. I had a rocket where there was no apogee event and the rocket was coming in ballistic. When the main charge fired, the chute saved the nose cone. The body sheared the TN and piled on in :(

A few years back, I had purchased 10 for $50 direct from the company that does the demil. Last year I called to get more and they said the contract had ended and they no longer had any. You won't find a better price than $50.

This is to Max Q:

I tried to reply to your last PM, but the message came back with an error that your PM mailbox was full. Please clear out some space and I'll resend the message.

Thanks!

ghp3

I think dollar for dollar you can't go wrong with the military chutes.....

Good value!

By chance do you still have this???? I am extremely interested !!!!

These work great. I use one in my Goblin. The video shows the deployment:
[YOUTUBE]nXwzRN6Ebjk[/YOUTUBE]
I was surprised how well they can take a high speed deployment. I had a rocket where there was no apogee event and the rocket was coming in ballistic. When the main charge fired, the chute saved the nose cone. The body sheared the TN and piled on in :(

A few years back, I had purchased 10 for $50 direct from the company that does the demil. Last year I called to get more and they said the contract had ended and they no longer had any. You won't find a better price than $50.

Great video. I have the 36, 42 and 60" military chutes. They work well as you can see in your video and they do look like a jelly fish. They bring the rocket down with no side to side motion, which is what I like about them. For the money even on the smaller ones you cannot go wrong. I know Aerocon still sells the chutes...you can also dye them if you want.

Hi - I'd like to pick up your canopy. Can you please email me at [email protected] for payment/shipping details?

Thanks!
Jon

I'm selling my 15' (180) military surplus parachute, w/ deployment bag. It's made of very lightweight nylon w/ 18 shroud lines and a small spill hole at the top. Flying weight with the deployment bag is 2.25 lb. Purchased as military surplus, I have never used it.

Asking $50, plus $5 for shipping.

Thanks!

George

Hi Jon,

Welcome to Rocketry Forum!

You might not have noticed but this thread is about 11 months old. Chances are the chute is no longer available. You can send a PM to the person to inquire... He may not be looking at this thread at all. I also recommend removing your email unless you like spam. Bots probably still roam the web looking for email addresses.

Gerald

You can try these guys Army Navy Sales. $49.99 + s&h but it seems its a mystery buy.My first chute came with deployment bag and pilot chute the other was just a 15" X-form.

Back