06/29/07 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
We had our first 07 launch today. Everything went very well except my AT 24/40 casing CATO on an E18W, destroying a saucer.

Silver Comet returns safely.

Photo of CATO 24/40 casing later today.

SC return 6-29-07 Medium Web view.jpg

What kind of 24/40 case is it? I've been having problems with mine. It keeps blowing the aft closure when the igniter starts and before the propellant can fire.

What kind of 24/40 case is it? I've been having problems with mine. It keeps blowing the aft closure when the igniter starts and before the propellant can fire.

Has your casing experienced a previous CATO???

If so, the threads might have been damaged. I'd say try putting the aft closure on the opposite end.

If you tried that and it still spit the aft closure, chances are you'll have to replace the casing and/or closure.

Has your casing experienced a previous CATO???

If so, the threads might have been damaged. I'd say try putting the aft closure on the opposite end.

If you tried that and it still spit the aft closure, chances are you'll have to replace the casing and/or closure.

No Catos. Successful launches on D reloads but certain E reloads blow off the aft closure before igniting the propellent.

Back