Estes Customer support.....WOW!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul.nortness

Reaction score
I just had my first experience with Estes customer support. I recently picked up an Executioner at my local hobby shop. The lower body tube of the rocket was slightly misshapen and had signs of a small crease along the bottom.

I sent them an email through the site asking if there was some way to get a replacement, as it was the section with the fin slots. The next day I get a response "Sure, I'll mail you a replacement. Give 10 days for shipping"

I got a package on my door step this afternoon from Estes. Opened it up....the entire kit. Not just a replacement body tube, but a whole new Executioner.

Incredible. I have been building plastic models for the last 30 years, and have never had customer service like that when missing or broken parts are in a kit. Hell....some companies you have to twist their leg just to acknowledge they could have made mistake.

Estes....two thumbs WAY up. You guys rock!

I've posted elsewhere, but after my Saturn V (rerelease) landsharked, I shot them an email asking how I would go about acquiring replacement parts to rebuilt the entire upper part (Stage 3 & command module). After hearing nothing for several days, I got an email saying that $21.50 worth of parts were on their way, gratis.

They arrived today! Both of the upper BTs, the 3rd stage coupler, the 3rd stage wrap sheet and all the wood bits. While it wasn't everything I'd outlined, it was certainly better than naught.

Hats off to Estes Customer Service!

I had a similar experience when my Apogee Aspire was destroyed by an Estes E-9-6 motor:
007.jpg

They not only replaced the rocket with an Estes Eliminator, but they gave me two packs of D-12 engines, (the E engines are too expensive to ship with the hazmat charge) I also got a replacement launch rod, mine was mangled when the motor CATO'ed.

Christine at Estes Customer Service was easy to work with and handled the whole thing very efficiently. :D

Back