Mid power launch pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jef955

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this company ?

https://knight-mfg.com/model_rocketry/tripod_launch_pads

Their pads look really nice. I am looking for a steel launch pad for larger mid power rockets - a lot of G motors for stuff around the size/weight of a LOC-IV. I would like to be able to use both a rail or rod. I would be flying rockets in the 40-50 ounce range off it - staying under the 53 ounce rule. Any other suggestions would be welcome too.

Thanks!

Those are some great looking pads, and while I hesitate mentioning this because it comes from and non-rocket company and I like to keep the money in house as much as possible.

The Rockwell Jaw Stand is the bees knees, and it does more than act as a launch pad, it holds all the rockets while I build them.

Check this out.

TA

TPJawStand1.jpg

I have a FLP-28. I REALLY like it! If you need a rail for the pad, give Jamie a call. His customer service is awesome!! I am sure he will work with you for options.

Aaron

I have the smaller low/mid power pad and it is excellent quality.

yes these launch pads are real durable and very sturdy for the bigger rockets.

I have 2, a 24 and 28.

Excellent craftsmanship and great service from Jamie.

I recommend them !!!

Those are some great looking pads, and while I hesitate mentioning this because it comes from and non-rocket company and I like to keep the money in house as much as possible.

The Rockwell Jaw Stand is the bees knees, and it does more than act as a launch pad, it holds all the rockets while I build them.

Check this out.

I agree 100% ,you can make a great launcher with the Jawstand with very easy modifications and use rods or rails.It folds up nicely ,is very adjustable in every way ,has a degree scale for launch angle ,is very strong and relatively light.

You cam also launch some pretty big stuff on this bugger !

I bought and built one this winter (because of all the great things posted here about the Jawstand) and it`s my go to launch rail for midpower and some high power.

I normally make my own launchers ,from my large mid-high ,to my large rail tower for 1010 -1515 ,our big club launcher and now the Rockwell.

Wish I would have thought of it years ago ,but then again ,it`s a relatively new product.

I plan on buying another Jawstand for another winter project :wink:

Paul T

The jawstand does look interesting.
I think I am going to spring for one of the bigger ones from Knight's. They really look first class and I don't want a plastic or aluminum one.
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I am going to build my own and I want mine where I do not have to get on the ground to hook up the igniter. Guess my age is showing. I will all so make it fold up as the only transportation I have is a motorcycle with a sidecar.

With the Rockwell stand wondering if the foot print is going to be stable enough? Has any one used it for mid power launch pad? I have gone all around Macon trying to look at one but know one has them in stock. Not even Lowe's or Home Depot.
Jeff

I am going to build my own and I want mine where I do not have to get on the ground to hook up the igniter. Guess my age is showing. I will all so make it fold up as the only transportation I have is a motorcycle with a sidecar.

With the Rockwell stand wondering if the foot print is going to be stable enough? Has any one used it for mid power launch pad? I have gone all around Macon trying to look at one but know one has them in stock. Not even Lowe's or Home Depot.
Jeff

That got asked in the other Thread about the Rockwell, and the answers were to simply "Stake" it into the Ground via the Holes in the Tips of the Legs, or the Suggestion I liked, slide Steel Pipes over the Legs to lengthen them.
I'm going to get a Rockwell and a 2X4 to mount my Rail to for my Mid-Power stuff.

That got asked in the other Thread about the Rockwell, and the answers were to simply "Stake" it into the Ground via the Holes in the Tips of the Legs, or the Suggestion I liked, slide Steel Pipes over the Legs to lengthen them.
I'm going to get a Rockwell and a 2X4 to mount my Rail to for my Mid-Power stuff.

In that case since I can get the materiel for free and have torches and a welder I am going to build my own. I will build one I do not have to state to the ground. Thanks for the information and that is why I wanted to see one in person before I made a decision.
Thanks
Jeff

I have one of these I plan to use for a DIY az/el telescope mount:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-A...od-BT170/203392591?keyword=bt170#.UkHvKIabNJs

3e083ebe-223b-47ae-9ef8-93c08b9e1be4_300.jpg

Only $57.00, extremely sturdy and high quality with free shipping. Chains could be attached (DIY) to the bolts at the bottom of each leg or a chain with three rings slipped under the spike feet at ground level to limit outward extension to a very wide stance if desired (as is, legs will pivot fully outward). The center section hardware meant to be used to mount surveyor instruments can be easily removed leaving you with a center hole in the heavy cast aluminum center post which has a milled-flat top surface. Might make a decent base for a mid-power pad.

Is anyone familiar with this company ?

https://knight-mfg.com/model_rocketry/tripod_launch_pads

Their pads look really nice. I am looking for a steel launch pad for larger mid power rockets - a lot of G motors for stuff around the size/weight of a LOC-IV. I would like to be able to use both a rail or rod. I would be flying rockets in the 40-50 ounce range off it - staying under the 53 ounce rule. Any other suggestions would be welcome too.

Thanks!

Well made pad, just wish it was higher off the ground. You have to get down on your knees just to hook up the wires

Back