My first ever Flis Kit arrived today. The Adfecta.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeltrains

Reaction score
Hey Y'all;

My first ever Flis Kit arrived today. The Adfecta. Checked mail on way out to laundromat and there she was :) Looked over insturctions while waiting for dryers to finish. Like the "Hobbicron" empire, pretty much translates to Hobby time.
Balsa nose cone and transition are pretty neat.
Interesting hue of blue on decals.

As much as I want to have her all finished right now! going to have to wait a bit.
Will go for the C and D motors so she will stay down where she can be seen.

Paint schmem? Hmm ... like the kit decals ... what other than white would go with them ...

(Jim, you have waaaaaay to many interesting kits: easily put myself in the poor house!)

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how you trick yours out. I'll be watching!

My own Adfecta is waiting for nice weather and a day off and no family duties to coincide and let me get a launch window.

Well, his economy deserves to be stimulated as much as anyone else's!

Have yet to settle on which balsa hardening option to employ on nose cone and transition.

The nose cone doesn't get beat up too badly on my Adfecta so the old school sanding sealer technique worked just fine. I would stiffen the thin upper fins with some super thin CA, sand right after cure, then sanding sealer for that old boy glassy smooth finish. The flat blue and red decals limit your color choice so I just went with white fins and NC with a silver tube, trimmed the bottom flutes with red striping tape. If you have a big field it loves an E9-6 but will fly with just about anything you stick in.

Will have to use something other than the sanding sealer, used to years ago do stick and tissue planes but now my body does not like whatever chemicals are in it.

Wait.

You managed to order just one kit from Jim's Crack House?!

The force is strong in this one, Jim!

-Kevin

Yessir ,for me it started with the TRES, then the BIG TRES ,then the Night Whisper and Journeyman ,then the Adfecta and several more I cannot think of !

Beautiful kits and addictive to build !

Paul T

Speaking of eyeballs, definitely some high visual interest in those designs.
And still speaking of eyeballs, felt lousy day before yesterday and gave myself eyestrain from sitting on my rear end in front of this box all day. Got outside yesterday for spring garden show in neighboring little, and that really means little, like population 60, small town of Arrow Rock, Missouri. As part of it Mike had open house on his garden railway. Grand weather for it but was definitely kite weather, not rocket weather!

Think this afternoon I'll tinker with the balsa parts, sealing, filling, maybe just the nose cone and transition. Also going to work on some trains, some of the garden scale ones which are sloooooooooowly getting bits and pieces of detailing and lighting added.

Slow also applies to every other project of any genre, so, if you are going to hold your breath waiting for Adfecta to be ready for flight and shiny in the sun, I hope you're good for several months!

Back