WRasp32 @ http://www.mrhq.org/ expired

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed Windows7 on my machine and had to do the custom install which requires you to reinstall all apps. I can't find my original zip file for WRasp32. The website https://www.mrhq.org/ where you can download it had it's domain expired 12/11/2010 so it's not there now.

Does anyone have a copy of the original .zip or .exe file used to install WRasp32 that they could send me?

Thanks...

Does anyone know how you're supposed to log on to the FTP server? It keep prompting me for credentials and nothing I enter is working.

Does anyone know how you're supposed to log on to the FTP server? It keep prompting me for credentials and nothing I enter is working.

The FTP server passwords have been changed some time after Darell died and the server is not public anymore. The administrators of RP can retrieve the files though, if you ask them.

Edit: I see your question is already answered.

Reinhard

Last edited:
I have what looks like an old wRASP install that I've dropped on ROL's server.

You can find it here

I'll leave it there, in case someone else needs it.

-Kevin

I have what looks like an old wRASP install that I've dropped on ROL's server.

You can find it here

I'll leave it there, in case someone else needs it.

-Kevin

How do you run wrasp on a windows 7 machine? Please answer in stupid people english :blush:

Adrian

How do you run wrasp on a windows 7 machine? Please answer in stupid people english :blush:

The path of least resistance is going to be to download XP Compatibility Mode for Windows 7. Then, run wRASP under the virtual PC instance it creates.

Virtual PC isn't anywhere near as scary or difficult as it sounds -- basically, you're running a program that creates a vritual world that looks, smells, and tastes like a Windows XP computer. It's easy to setup.

If that's more than you want to contend with, then your better bet is to go to OpenRocket or RockSim.

Now, all that said, let me see if I can find the source code for wRASP, and see how much work it would take to recompile it for Windows 7. Sounds like a good use of a Sunday. :)

-Kevin

Now, all that said, let me see if I can find the source code for wRASP, and see how much work it would take to recompile it for Windows 7. Sounds like a good use of a Sunday. :)

Did you get an opportunity to try it?

My quick and dirty attempt to combine this code and this code in Visual Studio 2010 failed so far. I butchered the code until it compiled, but the result is functionally completely useless.

FrankenWRASP.png

The App Compat Toolkit might work too, depending on where the cause for the problem lies.

Reinhard

Did you get an opportunity to try it?

My quick and dirty attempt to combine this code and this code in Visual Studio 2010 failed so far. I butchered the code until it compiled, but the result is functionally completely useless.

View attachment 102769

The App Compat Toolkit might work too, depending on where the cause for the problem lies.

Reinhard

Are those the Wrasp forms? It's been so long since I use them. I know they aren't the Wrasp32. I might have to try to put together a new version in VS 2010 also. Might redo it all in Visual Basic. Just need the algorithms.

Are those the Wrasp forms? It's been so long since I use them. I know they aren't the Wrasp32. I might have to try to put together a new version in VS 2010 also. Might redo it all in Visual Basic. Just need the algorithms.

It's written in Borland C++ -- I don't have time (right now) to unravel its UI code, so I've tabled the effort, for now.

-Kevin

Back