3D Printing Review - Bambu Lab X1 Carbon 3d printer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the textured PEI plate a few days ago, and with both PLA and Tough PLA from Bambu (a pretty great material if you believe YouTuber strength testers) it does NOT require glue. Sticks great, pops right off with no residue.

It does put a texture on the bottom of the parts, but it actually is smoother to the touch than it looks and is quite attractive, IMHO.

Nice to be able to just crank out a print without laying down glue first.

Haven't tried anything else on it yet, but it's marked for PLA, PC, ABS, TPU.
No glue is needed with Prusas. It have been that way for 6-8 years.

Will add one tip. Do not print PC or PC blend without a glue stick. You might get luck a couple times, but eventually, you will destroy your build plate.

I finally caved in and got a Creality 3 S1 Pro. Getting my feet wet before I drop $1500 on anything. Very first print attached. PLA. One of the prints that they ship on the SD card. I must admit, the print quality is a little better than I expected. Now, to get some filament. Well, other than PLA, we have a ton of that (kids had a tiny starter printer, long story).

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_200435115.jpg
    PXL_20230225_200435115.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I finally caved in and got a Creality 3 S1 Pro. Getting my feet wet before I drop $1500 on anything. Very first print attached. PLA. One of the prints that they ship on the SD card. I must admit, the print quality is a little better than I expected. Now, to get some filament. Well, other than PLA, we have a ton of that (kids had a tiny starter printer, long story).
Not a bad print. Congrats.

Can you fit a C motor in the bottom??? :D

Back