Yet another return to the hobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace400xs

Reaction score
Looking through the other introductions, there does appear to be an epidemic of new/old rocketeers. As a teenager I regularly built and launched rockets until other things drew my attention away. I have a homemade launcher stashed somewhere that ran off of a car battery that I would love to find again. I ended up working with missiles in the Navy.

I have an affinity for scale models of real rockets/missiles and have several kits on order. The first to arrive is a Tamir (Iron Dome) kit from Rocketarium. I am pretty impressed with the quality of this kit so far. I have a few places locally where I can do LPR launches but need to find a club to do anything bigger. Hoping to get my first launch in sometime this month to dust off the cobwebs.

Looking through the other introductions, there does appear to be an epidemic of new/old rocketeers. As a teenager I regularly built and launched rockets until other things drew my attention away.
If those "other things" aren't cars and the opposite sex...not necessarily in that order... ;)

Welcome! If you can't find your launcher, it isn't hard to build one. Lots of instructions for launchers and pads on the forum.

And if you can possibly catch a club launch, you will not regret it!

If those "other things" aren't cars and the opposite sex...not necessarily in that order... ;)

Welcome! If you can't find your launcher, it isn't hard to build one. Lots of instructions for launchers and pads on the forum.

And if you can possibly catch a club launch, you will not regret it!
I definitely plan to hit a club launch. I am in NE Ohio. It looks like there are a couple of them with a few hours.

And yes, I would say girls were the primary distraction.

Hi. ROCI launches during the summer at the AMA field outside of Muncie, IN. There's also a club (Summit City) near the Fort Wayne area. They do low power in the summer and HP in winter. Welcome!

The next launch in Amherst, OH will be within the next month if the weather is good to us. You can find more information at either of these sites.

Welcome to the forums, and hopefully a club launch.
I definitely plan to make it out to a launch, but it probably won't be until the fall.

I finally have the Tamir rocket ready for paint. I also found an old partially completed kit that included a single stage rocket with two attached gliders that descend back to earth separately. I think I started the kit about 35 years ago and it shows in how crude it looks. Hoping to clean it up and fix one of the glider wings which looks like it got munched on by a mouse.

20230802_121439.jpg

Back