Will there be LDRS 42 special edition Aerotech hardware?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderboy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There has been some really cool special edition Aerotech hardware released for previous events. Is it known if there will be special edition LDRS 42 hardware? I haven't noticed if that is a standard thing, or only once in a while. I'm in the market for 75mm hardware and am curious if I should hold out and maybe get some cool special edition gear. For those that have purchased it before, is it only through Aerotech directly, or do the vendors get allocation of the special stuff?

There has been some really cool special edition Aerotech hardware released for previous events. Is it known if there will be special edition LDRS 42 hardware? I haven't noticed if that is a standard thing, or only once in a while. I'm in the market for 75mm hardware and am curious if I should hold out and maybe get some cool special edition gear. For those that have purchased it before, is it only through Aerotech directly, or do the vendors get allocation of the special stuff?
As far as I know, last year was the first year in decades that there was LDRS special edition hardware. It was only available from Wildman, and I'm pretty sure that there weren't any 75mm cases. In the early 2000s, Dr. Rocket made some splash anodized special edition cases, but that was a third party hardware producer, not Aerotech.

As far as I know, last year was the first year in decades that there was LDRS special edition hardware. It was only available from Wildman, and I'm pretty sure that there weren't any 75mm cases. In the early 2000s, Dr. Rocket made some splash anodized special edition cases, but that was a third party hardware producer, not Aerotech.
How did I miss that! I didn't know about any special AT hardware available at LDRS!

There was special hardware for LDRS 38... And large events since then.

It will be up for discussion. What sizes do you think would be most popular?

As jmasterj said above, probably 38mm. I'm guessing 29mm too, since the "impulse buy factor" (pun intended) is much higher on smaller, more affordable less expensive hardware.

From a selfish perspective, if there were 75/5120 hardware available, I'd buy that in an instant (since I want that case regardless), but I understand the turnover of the larger case sizes is probably a lot slower than the smaller sizes.

Would it just add way too much complication to offer a "pre-order" for the larger sizes so that you're not stuck with a bunch of inventory? Although I can't imaging that anyone would be upset with a special edition case being provided for their order some time later than LDRS.

Last edited:
I'll be attempting my L3 at LDRS this year and need to buy my motor hardware soon... should I hold out hope for special edition hardware at LDRS or just bite the bullet and buy the "regular" stuff now?

Back