Which smell do you like better??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you apply your Launch Lug(s) relative to the motor retaining Hook?

• Aligned with the motor hook on the same side of the model

• Aligned on the opposite side of the model to the motor hook.

• Slightly offset to option 1, if minimum diameter model.

• Aligned with the motor hook on the same side of the model

• Aligned on the opposite side of the model to the motor hook.

• Slightly offset to option 1, if minimum diameter model.

Results are only viewable after voting.
wow that stinks

just to clear things up for you AP does smell better anyone who says otherwise is wrong :D :D :D :D

We do have to clarify some things. When you're talking about the smoke, AP smells better. The fired motor afterwards, BP is much better. AP residue stinks, AP smoke smells good. BP smoke stinks, BP residue stinks a little less than AP.:)

I just love the smell of a rocket that's flown on AP. I guess one man's stink is another man's....er...cologne? rose oil? new car smell?

Originally posted by Ryan S.
wow that stinks

just to clear things up for you AP does smell better anyone who says otherwise is wrong :D :D :D :D

'dems fightin' words, boy!

Deuce's at 10 paces, noon!

;)

Naw naw naw...that won't work, unless Jason has some D21s (or other AP reloads).

Originally posted by rbeckey
A whiff of burnt Estes motors and I am about nine years old again for one split second.

I think my whiffing resulted in a permanent condition (just ask my wife)

Originally posted by powderburner
I think my whiffing resulted in a permanent condition (just ask my wife)

Hmmm, all this time I thought it was because:

1. I liked science and space-related stuff

2. I liked fire and pyro stuff

3. I am generally a geek

4. .......

Now I find its just a chemical addition! LOL

BP by far. The best part is after you throw away the spent casing, the inside of the body tube still holds the smell. That can really get you through those long winter months that you don't fly.

Weekends

Weekends,

You throw away your casings:confused:

I save 'em all...I have a big box of 'em!

Spent 13mm, 18mm, 24mm and 29mm (econojets) motors make great mandrels for cutting body tubes.

After a few cuts I peal a layer of paper off and us 'em for rocket stands.

Cut 'em up on the band saw for engine blocks, spacers and centering rings.

Use 'em for stand offs to hold rocket off of the blast plate.

Waste not want not!

sandman

Originally posted by eugenefl
I don't understand how any of you can consider BP to smell good! It smells like a sulfur fart!

Uhhh...is this caused by some new diet fad I haven't heard about yet? :D

The smell of BP or AP is the reason my wife refuses to drive her car to a launch, meaning we have to pack all of our gear into my little Neon. She laid down that law early on right after she bought her new car...

Originally posted by jetra2
Hi all,

Which smell do you like better, the one from a burnt BP motor one the one from a burnt AP motor. Alrighty, 'fess up, ya know ya smell them! That's the best part, if you ask me! I personally like the smell from burnt BP.

Jason

I am sure you meant "Alrighty, 'fess up, ya know ya all have a lot of cloths that smell like them" or "alrighty, 'fess up, ya know ya all have hair that smells like them after a launch".:D both are true for me. I voted for AP. just seems better to me. I don't know why.:confused:

Back