3M sandpaper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I overpaid wildly for a terrible lot on eBay. Shipping was agreed to and then, bam ripped off. Not unusual but I generally do better. Especially since I am financially challenged which is why I look for bargains to begin with. And I am about 80% successful on eBay.

As I am sure some of you know... the items in the lot smelled like they were underwater for years. :D

However, one of the interesting things was a small sheet of 150 grit 3M sandpaper.

IMG_2367.JPG

This stuff was a bit of an epiphany (if I believed in such things) for me. WOW. It cuts great. Is easy to hold and mold. Loads up very little compared to anything else I have tried. And it seems to last quite a while.

NO. If did not come with a copperhead.

Perhaps surprisingly these days, 3M still make an astounding product even if some of their product range has moved 'offshore'. Their higher end packaging tapes, for example. 3M abrasives are the dog's danglies. They seems to last longer than other, generic abrasive papers.

Lots of companies trade on their innovative history and make complete trash (Citroën, I'm taking to you). 3M still innovates and makes an excellent product. Not a shareholder, just a happy customer. :)

The 3M cubitron is a very good product, but more expensive than normal sandpaper.
Maybe not surprising but you can find sandpaper tests on youtube.

Perhaps surprisingly these days, 3M still make an astounding product even if some of their product range has moved 'offshore'. Their higher end packaging tapes, for example. 3M abrasives are the dog's danglies. They seems to last longer than other, generic abrasive papers.

Lots of companies trade on their innovative history and make complete trash (Citroën, I'm taking to you). 3M still innovates and makes an excellent product. Not a shareholder, just a happy customer. :)

I've used more 220 grit 3M paper than probably anything else. It cuts great, to the point you can hear the difference between it and the competition, and some of the newer stuff feels 'tacky' on the back and is very easy to clamp and/or hold.

3M makes decent stuff. 👍

3M also makes a great filler primer, look for #720. Dries really fast, sands great, especially with 3M sandpaper.

Back