Which dimensional drawing is actually true

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to go over the topic again. First ones and the second ones case is actually the same but because the first one is for a spesific rocket motor (L1256), nozzle look different. But except nozzle all other lenghts are the same because as i said they use same case as 75/3840 am i right?
Yes the case is the same, only the nozzle is different.

But isn't i have to still attach motor to the rockets itself?

If the motor hardware you buy has the "Screw Eye" optional front closure you can use that as an "extra" safety margin.

You generally use this to hold the motor case in from the rear>

https://aeropack.net/pages/motor-retainers

What are the goals from the contest you must perform?
Yes i will use something like that but the problem is i have to design this part myself and because i have to design it myself i have to know lenghts well.

Yes i will use something like that but the problem is i have to design this part myself and because i have to design it myself i have to know lenghts well.

Why do you have to design this yourself? What exactly are your "competition" requirements. Why would you have to design that yourself.

Why do you have to design this yourself? What exactly are your "competition" requirements. Why would you have to design that yourself.
They will only give us the motor and, everything else we have to design by ourselfs it's called teknofest rocket competetion i don't know why i didn't said that earlier :/

They will only give us the motor and, everything else we have to design by ourselfs it's called teknofest rocket competetion i don't know why i didn't said that earlier :/

OK got that, look at the AeroPack data for retainers.

BUT what is the Main Goal after you make your rocket you have to accomplish?

OK got that, look at the AeroPack data for retainers.

BUT what is the Main Goal after you make your rocket you have to accomplish?
We have to land a payload at least 4 kg and the rockets itself with parachutes safely to the ground. And the rocket has to go at least 5.000ft. There is a lot of other factors to gain more points but our actual goal is that

It would serve you well to look at how some of us build our rockets, and get a feel for how they go together. Search the forums for "build threads" and concentrate on the more simple construction techniques for inspiration. Simple = more likely to succeed.

The motor length is not critical, as long as you have enough room in the airframe for the motor. Your motor mount tube doesn't need to be the full length of the motor. The motor's aft retainer will be the thrust ring that prevents the motor from moving forward under thrust, and something like the retainer Art linked above or the simple clips below will prevent the motor from being pushed rearward when the airframe is pressurized to eject the recovery system..

_retention clip.JPG

It's not a challenge to make a rocket with 4 kg payload go 5000 feet using an L-class motor. There are many ready-made kits out there that can do the job. Researching what's available and how they are assembled can save you time, and you can use that time for building and testing.

I flew this motor a while ago, amazing bright white flame.

I still have the used nozzle but used the 75mm adapter system in a longer case 75/5120.

Screenshot_20220806-103720_Video Player.jpg

Rocket specs: 8" / 20.32cm diameter, 144"/3.66m tall, weight about 62lbs / 28.12kg on the launch pad. Apogee of 1,900 feet / 579.12m and max velocity of 340ft/s or 103.6m/s.

It would serve you well to look at how some of us build our rockets, and get a feel for how they go together. Search the forums for "build threads" and concentrate on the more simple construction techniques for inspiration. Simple = more likely to succeed.

The motor length is not critical, as long as you have enough room in the airframe for the motor. Your motor mount tube doesn't need to be the full length of the motor. The motor's aft retainer will be the thrust ring that prevents the motor from moving forward under thrust, and something like the retainer Art linked above or the simple clips below will prevent the motor from being pushed rearward when the airframe is pressurized to eject the recovery system..

View attachment 630233

It's not a challenge to make a rocket with 4 kg payload go 5000 feet using an L-class motor. There are many ready-made kits out there that can do the job. Researching what's available and how they are assembled can save you time, and you can use that time for building and testing.
Yes i was exactly planning to use clips as you showed. I have already designed most part of the rocket. Only thing left was the
I flew this motor a while ago, amazing bright white flame.

I still have the used nozzle but used the 75mm adapter system in a longer case 75/5120.

View attachment 630425

Rocket specs: 8" / 20.32cm diameter, 144"/3.66m tall, weight about 62lbs / 28.12kg on the launch pad. Apogee of 1,900 feet / 579.12m and max velocity of 340ft/s or 103.6m/s.
Thanks for the reply it really looks wonderful. I'm still designin the rocket. It's about 15-16 kg total. But something is wrong because i looked the last years records and most of them about 17-18 kg i'm still trying to figure out what it is.

For a bit more background -- Teknofest is a huge Turkish rocket competition, with what I regard as really screwy requirements. The required CONOPS in at least one of the classes is something I think a lot of RSOs in the US wouldn't even allow to fly: they need to eject a payload, which comes down on its own parachute, while bringing nosecone and body down under a single chute. That's fine if you're ejecting a GI Joe since a tangle won't get anybody hurt, but they're doing it with a 4kg payload.

The OR team gets a steady stream of questions from participants asking how to simulate this; the answer is a *really* nasty hack...

https://www.teknofest.org/en/

Last edited:
Back