Whats Sizzlin on The grill

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we want to splurge, we drive 30 miles to Elburn, IL and get veal brats from a meat market there.

The standard "dish of the house" is marinated flank steak, using fresh garlic, ginger, soy and oil. It can be marinated as little as 30 minutes if you're in a hurry, or overnight if you're not. On a 1.5 to 2 lb flank steak, cook it over direct heat, 7-8 minutes per side.

Another standby is what we call "Scarborough Fair Pork", a pork tenderloin, covered in a combination of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, mixed with olive oil and garlic. You need a good meat thermometer (we use a unit with a remote) and cook it to 145 degrees. Particularly yummy with a good pinot noir.

Fresh corn, stripped of the silks, then retied with twine, soaked in cool water a couple of hours is also a favorite of Barb's.

Based on the post here, I'm buying pineapple today to try that!

When I'm on a budget and crave some flame cooked meat I go for Bubba burgers or Ball Park all-beef franks with some Bud Light. When there is some spare change and I can afford it I got for the ribeye medium with a salt-pepper and butter seasoning and I open a bottle of Sonoma County or Napa Valley cabernet savignon. Yummy.
We love Bubbas! I particularly like the jalopeno Bubbas.

I just finished re-reading this entire thread and now I am starving!!!

OP: This is a great thread! I have grilled and bbq'd many different things over the years but I always learn something new when reading about what others are cooking. Thanks!

Anybody ever do fish? Also what would you folks consider the oddest food you have ever done on the Q?
Cheers
fred

Yep!! Since we live on the gulf coast of FL, we do a lot of fish. Recently we've grilled mahi mahi and other local favs. Plans for the next couple of weekends are for smoked tuna and salmon. Not really local fish. But, we have a great fish market we deal with. OH, I almost forgot about local bay scallops!! We pick them up ourselves and then grill 'em with olive oil and garlic powder. YUMMY!!

Chicken is on the grill as we speak. Gotta go turn then.

Cliff

just come back from my hols in France.

i've been BBQing horse meat and duck.

My family doesn't grill things that much, but I'd like to get the grill fixed up and use it more often now that I've read this thread. Haven't used it in more than two years.:eek:

Back