Whats On Your Grill Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats on the Grill

• Hambugers

• Hot Dogs

• Pork steaks

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our Safeway regularly offers a great sale on London Broil, and most of the time we get what's on sale. They work well on the grill and in prepared dishes like carne de ropa and beef stoganoff. I do great on fajita-style marinades and oriental ones also, if i do say so myself :) Yum.

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
That sounds interesting. Is that done on the grill?

Yes.

1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Tbl Sp Cooking Oil
2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Tsp Tabasco
2 to 3 cloves of garlic crushed
2 Tsp Course Ground Black Pepper.........I use more
1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger

Mix all ingredients together WELL

Marinate London Broil -- Recipe says for an two hours before....I do it over night.

I'd be interested in a good fajita marinade recipe if someone has one. I've tried several and haven't found one we really like.

Here's our favorite marinade for the grill. The recipe is for flank steak but it's great with pork tenderloin also.

Teriyaki Steak Marinade

Flank Steak
1 cup beef broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
¾ teaspoons season salt (ie Lawry’s)
¼ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons lime juice
½ cup brown sugar

Slice flank steak into one inch thick strips lengthwise. Mix together remaining ingredients and marinade meat for several hours. Grill steak strips over hot coals, basting frequently.

This marinade also works well with chicken and pork.

Doesn't anyone here cook shrimp on the grill?

Peel the shrimp and marinate:

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 or 3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp cayene pepper sauce (I use lots more, but thats just me ;) )

String the shrimp on skewers and 2 - 3 minutes a side is all it takes.

Originally posted by Fore Check
In fact, the average Texas grilling poll would read:

1. Brisket
2. Fajitas
3. Hamburgers
4. Hot Dogs
5. Other

I guess I did "other." 1 1/2" thick Angus Rib Eye steaks, baked potato and corn on the cob. All cooked on the grill.

Originally posted by sunward
refill the propane tank
"Taste the meat, not the heat"

Corn-on-the-cob wrapped up in tin foil with butter and garlic, done on the edge of the grill - :yum:

I have two favorites and I usually get one or the other on Fathers Day...Coming up soon!!

Italian sausage with grilled onions and peppers or

A BBQ'd turkey drumstick!...with lots of napkins!:D

A good side dish is zucchini marinated in low fat Italian dressing (low fat and it won't burn!) sliced the long way and grilled.

We broke out the grill and had some NY strip steak, corn and baked potato's last night. I've got to get some more coals before we can cook out again. Nothing like cooking over an open fire. :)

I cooked marinated carne asada with some shrimp skewers with bell peppers and onions that were soaked in lemon juice and melted butter. Warm up some tortillas on the grill, had some home made salsa and a margarita. My wife made some potato salad and cut up a fresh seedless watermelon. I love the 3 day weekends!

Steve

Originally posted by 11Bravo
You don't have to say it like it hurts so much. :D
Did I hear that you've moved to IOA?
Whuch part?

Greg

Nah, Iowa is cool so far.

We just bought a house in Ottumwa.

Still in the process of moving, tho. I've come to find out that in this move (so far) that if things can go wrong, they will.

In fact, I'm reminded of Ginsberg's Law: "Murphy was an optimist."

Back