What out of production Estes model would you like to see available in kit form?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upscale cluster bomb.

for some reason your "upscale cluster bomb" struck me funny like the next line should be " I'm planning a sneak attack on my little brother!"

Good luck with what ever move you decide to make in your career.

Upscale cluster bomb.

Not familiar with the original, but would be cool if it broke open and dropped the clusters, (probably with chutes for safety reasons) but would be cool if water balloons would survive the boost, then get dropped!!!!! or talc bombs,, ok I better stop before I get myself in trouble!!!!

Tom

With all the advancement in computer technologies, including things like printing, 3D printing, CAD, etc, plus the explosion of custom vendors offering just about everything, there really is very little incentive for Estes to offer many 'classic builder' kits anymore. You can talk to be69ar or JumpJet to get the lowdown on how the market has fundamentally changed.

Estes has been offering a lot of interesting stuff lately (mid power, new advanced builder designs, etc). I'm just hoping the new stuff is paying for itself...it takes a significant amount of upfront cost to bring items to market en masse, especially if the tooling has be built verses just brought out of storage.

I'd love if they would bring back either the 1/100th Saturn 1B or the Space Shuttle stack. Both kits have a plethora of plastic parts that are hard to replicate. But the chances are very slim...too much tooling, and scale doesn't sell at the numbers Estes would need.

FC

Most folks want the nostalgia back, their first rocket, etc. Hence the 3FNC's on the list. I'm pretty lucky, I grew up on Centuri, and the wonderful folks at Semroc have been doing a bang up job of bringing back many of my fav's.

The ones that I's like to see that are not being made by anyone:

The Centuri Fighter Fleet series, (F104, F15, Mirageetc). My first rocket ever was an F15. Those were sooooo coool.
Buck Rogers kits
(Jeez, I think I have a thing for the fiberboard kits):eyeroll:
Scramjet

How about the entire 1977 Centuri catalog.

Make the following Pro Series II:

Colonial Viper
Space Shuttle (the whole stack, not the one that was just the orbiter), Both the NASA proper and the Centuri one
Fatboy, like Estes did with the Der Red Max.
Jayhawk (bigger than the Magnum D)

Buck Rogers kits

You still can clone the Centuri Fighter Fleet, I did two years ago. All but the 5J Israeli Mirage. I don't care for that one for some reason, IDK. I used the Estes N/C from the F-15 Eagle rocket.

I say bring 'em all back and no more discontinuing rockets.

Time... I don't have time to clone those kits. Kits offer me quick satisfaction.
You still can clone the Centuri Fighter Fleet, I did two years ago. All but the 5J Israeli Mirage. I don't care for that one for some reason, IDK. I used the Estes N/C from the F-15 Eagle rocket.

I say bring 'em all back and no more discontinuing rockets.

+1 for the Explorer Aquarius, Love that bird. Still have 2 in the box. 1 bent in a diarama. I'm working an Upscale but it's pricey to get a nose cone.

+1 for the Boost glider Version of the Bomarc, Bigger would be better. My brother would do the Snoopy happy dance.

And a bigger X-Wing Fighter. Still have one down in the build box mostly complete, but hesitate to fly it.

I'd like to see the Bomarc, Mercury Redstone, Gemini Atlas, and Thor Agena B...But I'll be printing most of this stuff in the coming year, cause it seems like Estes really focuses more on the flying part of the hobby than the building. I am waiting, however to see what kind of builder kits they come up with next year.:present:

1. The original Sizzler: #1906
2. Ramjet with a 24mm upscale version
3. Skybolt #1334
4. Pathfinder #1997 (with TTW fins)
5. Meanie #0877

and the Magnum #2032 and Heliocopter ('88-96 version) for good measure.

Last edited:
The Centuri Fantasy Fleet (All the fighter Jets)

Semroc takes care of my other Centuri needs.

Semroc Rocks!

CATO the rocket -- after all, I'm the prefect for CATO the rocket club!

Estes Phoenix. That was my first 24mm kit when I was 13. Would love to build another one! Keep scouring ebay, but they've just been way more than I'd like to spend.

An upscale, 29mm version of the Estes Hornet #2030 with a one-piece plastic fin can.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?59127-Possible-upscale-Estes-Hornet-2030

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back