What out of production Estes model would you like to see available in kit form?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARV Condor. The one with the little glider plane. Also, the mini-brute series, particularly the Screamer. Sure, the mini brutes are easy to clone (and I have, at least the Screamer), but I'd like the kits to be around to inspire the next generation.

I still have an unbuilt ARV Condor down in the basement. Maybe one of these days I'll build it. Or clone it......... Or just keep looking looking at it :eyeroll:

Adrian

Tomcat 2086
K-30 LJII
Maxi Honest John 1269

Last edited:
Renegade! The REAL one...not the replacement...

renegade.jpg

The biggest rocket I owned as a kid :point:

I'm kind of amazed they deleted the FatBoy -- pretty much everybody I see at every launch has one.

The Maxi-Brute line really needs a dependable fairly high-thrust E motor to fly most of them -- they are too heavy for the E9 and the D12 only gets them up maybe 150 feet or so.

The E12 MAY be that motor if it proves to be reliable.

Pershing, Maxi-brute X-wing, Andromeda

I'd also like to see some of the Centuri 24mm birds come back.

G.D.

The “36 DD” not so much for the rocket as is; but for the unique transitions that came with that kit along with a bunch of other great parts.

I have so many uses in mind for them.

the Maxi-Brute V2 tops my list, and I'd like to see some of the old 'explorer' and 'challenge series' rockets like the Black Brant II, Phoenix, Shadow or Broadsword/Super Big Bertha.

Forgot about the Phoenix, Nike Ajax and Andromeda, some of my favorite builds!!

that is awesome! Mine is LONG gone.....sure brings back memories looking at that kit...that was one of my favorite Estes kits....the Nike Ajax, the Mercury Redstone with the capsule that came down by its own chute and the Saturn 1b...that I was never able to get. (I am working on my Saturn 1b syndrome by purchasing everyone of Dr. Zooch's 1bs......all are great kits!

I always thought the Nike Ajax was just plain cool looking.....felt like I was my own SAM battery when I would put that thing on the pad!

View attachment 88063I've still got my original Ajax!

Flies nicely, still.

For me, too many to list, but a few have already posted my wants..

Now, from what i understand, the Fatboy was OOP'd becasue they (Estes) wanted to push their new 'Rock-it' design. And, since this new design looked a lot like the old tried & true Fatboy, it became OOP.

But then I must ask: How many Rock-it's are out there?

(Is is just me, or does Estes routinely take a popular kit, and OOP it.. yet keep some kits that are.. "Meh" at best..)

Phoenix! Easily my favorite rocket.
I have one that is built, used, abused and repaired that still flies well (assuming I can get the flippin' 24/40 motors lit). It was one of my rockets from my return to Rocketry in the late 90s so it isn't finished all that well but it sure flies nice!

I also have one from 1998 or so in a bag waiting for me to build it. Somehow, despite multiple moves between VT > NC > NH > VT > NH it is still in decent shape! Sometimes I wonder if it might be better to sell it to fund some other projects....

Also, the mini-brute series, particularly the Screamer. Sure, the mini brutes are easy to clone (and I have, at least the Screamer), but I'd like the kits to be around to inspire the next generation.

+1 for the mini brute line, maybe add more to the mini motor lineup like 1/4 A and1/2A boosters for the smaller two stagers.

I miss the Titan II, Mini Shuttle, and Citation Patriot. There were lots of other awesome looking kits from mid eighties I loved but never got to build.

Back