Whad Ya Get, Whad Ya Get?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jqavins

Слава Україні
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My family got me a PML Io kit, with Quantum Tube upgrade, a 38 mm screw-on retainer, and a 38 to 29 mm adapter. And a piston ejection system, which may be part of the Io kit all the time; I haven't looked it up yet.

It's my first foray into phenolic and fiberglass, and I'll be coming back here for advice. Maybe I'll use it for my first foray into vinyl wraps and get a JL 'chute release too.
1608861634323-2134603958.jpg

Last edited:
My wife's side of the family celebrated Christmas this evening and exchanged gifts, quasi Secret Santa style. My SS picked a nice present from my wish list.

A magnified desk lamp!
71kqeLe6+IL._AC_SX679_.jpg
3 color temp modes and 6 or 7 brightness levels. Already tested it. Works like a charm. Will help a ton with assembling future EggTimer products. :)

At midnight, my wife, son and I will open our gifts here at home.

in our 60's my wife and I don't exchange presents, just get the grand kids presents usually. but my wife told me my daughter was going to get me some wireless earbuds since my wired ones broke in three places recently. I think since I may only have a couple left in this life, she is going to over compensate. :)

in our 60's my wife and I don't exchange presents, just get the grand kids presents usually. but my wife told me my daughter was going to get me some wireless earbuds since my wired ones broke in three places recently. I think since I may only have a couple left in this life, she is going to over compensate. :)

once you get them you will never go back to wired!

I'd go out the day after mine die to get another pair. Thats a good gift IMO

once you get them you will never go back to wired!

I'd go out the day after mine die to get another pair. Thats a good gift IMO

I'm a music lover/musician and a huge audio quality buff. I normally am not a fan of Bose, but my wired earbuds fit really well in my ears, and sounded good to me, so I think my daughter is getting me the wireless Bose models that have the same vinyl ear molds.

I'm a music lover/musician and a huge audio quality buff. I normally am not a fan of Bose, but my wired earbuds fit really well in my ears, and sounded good to me, so I think my daughter is getting me the wireless Bose models that have the same vinyl ear molds.

I've got the apple air pods I think they sound great, but I can't carry a tune in a bucket so what do I know.
Enjoy and merry Christmas!

I bought myself a camera for the rockets. I decided to go with someone's (sorry, forgot who) recommendation and got a RunCam2 4K. And a bunch of accessories to go with it, plus a second battery. Still have to find the super special 128GB SD card (seems there's a 50-50 chance the ones on Amazon aren't really 128GB).
I had a conversation about my rockets with a coworker and he asked why I don't have a camera on the side. I didn't have a good answer... So...

Sharon got me a Wildman BIG Bad Dog, with a 75mm MMT, and I got her a Craftsman Multimeter to check ematches.

Just had to edit this, because I got up this morning and picked up the N/C for this rocket, and before I could even start drooling, I got a fiberglass splinter in my finger! My plan was to just add it to our build pile, but I knew that I would be fondling it again, so I decided to sand down the edges and wipe off the dust. Took me about an hour and I realized that the "build bug" had bitten!
BBD front.jpg
It's been quite a while since I've been bitten so bad, so there could be a build thread on this in the near future. While cleaning and sanding it down, I noticed how nice the parts fit together, so I will document everything in another thread.

Last edited:
Evidently, I was a much better person than I thought.

First up are the gifts from my Rocketry Forum's Secret Santa. I must have commented about comics more than I thought I had or my Santa has been stalking me on fb. Anyway, I received a Super Viper from MoreRockets.com. He also included some body tubes, couplers and other odd and ends and four Marvel comics including one signed by the artist David Marquez.

My Aunt Marilyn sent a new shirt that I've been needing, some cranberry nut bread, and gift cards from Amazon, Outback and Red Lobster (though that one is for the kitties ... they LOVE Red Lobster).

My Aunt Natalie and Uncle David sent me a years membership to sfjazz.org. Last night, after battlebots, I listened to Adam Shulman playing "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Not sure what I'll listen to today (after I get sick of Christmas music) while looking over the Super Viper.

A close friend sent a selection of meat from Omaha Steak Company

Gifts I got for myself are a Tombstone t-shirt (from battlebots) and a Holidy Zenbox from Zenescope comics.

Overall I had a great Christmas loot wise. Got the usual clothing items, candy, and stuff for our pets. I know there will be more stuff waiting for me when I get back from my holiday. Got a few items that were on my wishlist.
D022ECB7-EA54-4230-A096-67C37A6DFE6F.jpeg
My twin brother was very generous this year. A trip to the gun store for gun cleaner resulted in the purchase of two AR’s. George also got me a stereo microscope. Now I can do surface mounting when I am doing soldering.
0362934C-3F9D-4B7A-B343-1A6F182C1B73.jpeg
My parents bought me this drone, and they are also going get us a new refrigerator. My younger brother and wife got me the Ben Shapiro book.
C84DA53A-65F1-4A08-AB05-F4A081AB37F9.jpeg

I have had these a while and really like them. Great for both phone calls and for music. Love having my hands free during phone calls.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RHR941H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Overall I had a great Christmas loot wise. Got the usual clothing items, candy, and stuff for our pets. I know there will be more stuff waiting for me when I get back from my holiday. Got a few items that were on my wishlist.
View attachment 443953
My twin brother was very generous this year. A trip to the gun store for gun cleaner resulted in the purchase of two AR’s. George also got me a stereo microscope. Now I can do surface mounting when I am doing soldering.
View attachment 443954
My parents bought me this drone, and they are also going get us a new refrigerator. My younger brother and wife got me the Ben Shapiro book.
View attachment 443955
415E96CB-C154-4E20-9FAA-B35EF96C5EC7.jpeg

Nothing says Christmas 2020 like two guys with high powered rifles!;)

Have a great holiday, and I wish you good and safe hunting!

I was cheap could not pass up Estes V2 kit for $22.99 on Amazon w/free shipping. Convenient since we just had a post on the V2.

Younger daughter can't come down till Sunday, so I've only opened one gift, latest book from Suzanne Collins, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I enjoyed The Hunger Games books, and the first two movies were pretty darn close to the books.

Back